Orange County Paging Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Same frequency, 154.205 (123.0 PL)

EMS Paging simulcast is also being implemented, but it's not clear whether that is also live.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any reason why Orange 9-1-1 is sending an MDC1200 burst after the tones are done being transmitted?
Because it sounds cool?!?

It was unintentional, and they were made aware of it. I'm sure it's on a list of things to fix, but probably not really all that high of a priority.

onsceno

This is kind of geared towards GTR8000, I'd say...

Is the post-tx actually MDC or is it Fleetsync? I think that's what I remember seeing that used somewhere on a multi-site system. It certainly SOUNDS more like MDC but interestingly enough, will NOT decode on any radio I've got.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is kind of geared towards GTR8000, I'd say...

Is the post-tx actually MDC or is it Fleetsync? I think that's what I remember seeing that used somewhere on a multi-site system. It certainly SOUNDS more like MDC but interestingly enough, will NOT decode on any radio I've got.
Fleetsync is a Kenwood thing. This system (trunked and conventional) runs on a Motorola ASTRO 25 M core. The burst is MDC, because the Fire Paging simulcast was provisioned as an MDC1200 Conventional Channel, rather than an Analog Conventional Channel. There is nothing to decode because it's not encoding anything, it's sending an empty packet.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oh and to clarify, it's a leading edge (pre) burst on the voice transmission when OC911 keys up. It's not trailing edge (post) on de-key following the tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.