Orange County Sheriff and Pro-97 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisam27

I recently bought a Pro-97 scanner and am having trouble figuring out how to program it so that it scans ONLY Orange County Sector 5 (tourist area). I have the website with the talkgroups but I just cannot figure out how to keep it scanning only the Sector 5 talkgroups that I plug in. Any help?? I have been reading the websites and manual but I'm new to this and confused. Thanks!!

PROBLEM TAKEN CARE OF.. Please disregard

Last edited:

gyallum

What r u using to program your scanner, WIN97 is the best program out there. All you need to program is the single control channel 859.4375c then the talkgroups you want to listen to. I listen to them all the time switching between all the sectors and they work great. If I can be anymore help let me know....

gnyreen

i have a pro 97 but I currently live in Tampa. I listen to Hillsborough Sheriff and Tampa police all the time, and the occasional Pinellas County when im over there. Recently I had a buddy move to Orlando and I have been taking some weekend trips out there. I would like to listen to some public safety in Orange County but I've been hearing all this stuff about OC going encrypted and Orlando PD doing the same. I havent gotten a straight answer on what exactly is going on over there and I was wondering what I can pick up and whether its encrypted or not. I should be picking up a bearcat 396 here pretty quick with Apco 25 for Temple Terrace here and my trips to Sioux City, IA that recently made the Apco switch as well, which sucks. Ive heard that Orange County has gone to Apco, ASTRO, AEGIS, or just encrypted, or OC is fine its just Orlando. I'd like to hear from you on what exactly is going on there. PLease let me know what I can listen to over there with a PRO 97 or Bearcat 396. Thanks

Patch42

The Orange County Sheriff's Office and Orange County Fire are still using the "old" county Motorola system. It's almost all analog and in the clear. (I've recently heard one SO talkgroup on this system that is clearly digital -- not encrypted -- and one radio on that talkgroup that's encrypted.)

Orlando PD has moved to a new P25 system and is fully encrypted. They can no longer be monitored. Orlando FD has mostly moved to the new P25 system. They are only digital, not encrypted, but the system is multisite simulcast and the multipath reception is causing reception problems for many of us. Many of the transmission might as well be encrypted because they are not being decoded properly.

Orlando FD has experienced a number of problems with the digital encoders on the new radios, so they are simulcasting some transmissions on the old system. I believe I read they were doing dispatch and fireground using talkgroups on the Motorola system.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
OFD Dispatches on 25A when there is a fire call or any call where a Full Comp would respond then OFD goes to 1F36 on OCFR Mutual Aid 6 Mainly but it is up to the OFD Comm Center.

Make Sure to Listen to OFD 1D and 2D Especially at night when they are Patched Together

Status
Not open for further replies.