Orange County site changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Lately I have noticed that Orange County has changed the site order on it's smartzone system.

1 - County Simulcast (still 1)
5 - Orlando analog simulcast (still 5 but no longer shows up as a peer on the county simulcast site)
8 - Convention Center (still 8)
12 - Zellwood (was 2)
13 - Winter Garden (was 3)
14 - OC Jail (was 7)

Wonder what is going on here (or indicative of things to come), I already knew that Winter Park (former site 4) and Maitland (former site 6) have been taken off the air since they went to their new systems (even though Winter Park repurposed and rebanded their old frequencies and Maitland no longer uses the 800 MHz frequencies assigned to them and only uses 700 MHz).

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
The Orlando Simulcast site will be severed from the Orange County system in about 2 weeks. Orlando has been swapping out all the old analog-only Local Government radios with replacement digital radios. Local Government will use the analog system until the beginning of 2012. Then they will transition to the P25 system and the analog system will go offline.

Larry

exportdawg

The Orlando Simulcast site will be severed from the Orange County system in about 2 weeks. Orlando has been swapping out all the old analog-only Local Government radios with replacement digital radios. Local Government will use the analog system until the beginning of 2012. Then they will transition to the P25 system and the analog system will go offline.

Larry

Larry,
Will any Control channel's/TG's change with OCFR when the P25 starts? Also, will it be Phase 1 P25?

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
I don't have all the specifics on Orange County yet. Based on the Orlando changeover, my assumption is the TG id's will change.

I guess I should have been more specific...I was referring to what's left of the Orlando analog system going dark at the beginning of the year. Orange County's changeover is a little ways out yet.

Larry

Last edited:

exportdawg

I don't have all the specifics on Orange County yet. Based on the Orlando changeover, my assumption is the TG id's will change.

I guess I should have been more specific...I was referring to what's left of the Orlando analog system going dark at the beginning of the year. Orange County's changeover is a little ways out yet.

Larry

Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks!

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Site 5 is now in the process of being killed off because the site controller has been turned off and the channels are now in failsoft, so until the P25 migration for Orlando Local Govt. talkgroups begin, they will use Site 1 in the meantime. The old channels will presumably become part of the Orlando P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.