Orange County TRS digital traffic on OCFR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Hi guys. Never posted before, but read the threads now-and-then.

I have a question about the Orange County TRS.

I monitor Orange County Fire Rescue. Usually just the dispatch and TAC channels. What they call Fire 1 thru Fire 15. I have been monitoring for about a year now with no difficulties.

3 days ago I began hearing odd traffic at times. It began just as now-and-then, and it has become more frequent over the past several days. I believe it to be actual traffic for several reasons.

1) I have never heard "static" or white noise before on the TRS.
2) I seem to be missing pieces or parts of traffic, parts of transmissions from units.
3) When I hear the traffic it shows up on several talk groups and there is a unit ID, well several unit IDs that are associated with the traffic. So a unit ID shows up with each set of traffic.

What am I hearing?

Is this digital traffic mixed in with the analog traffic on these talkgroups?

Is this encrypted traffic mixed in with the analog traffic?

Or does this have something to do with the fact that the system is being "rebanded" and I'm hearing adjacent channel bleedover from a close frequency, because I'm now listening to the wrong frequency?

Anyone else xperience this over the past few days?

Thanks for any input or feedback.

-Justin

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
they are getting ready to Reband the OC 800 trs in a short time, hmmm what talkgroups are you hearing this traffic on? what scanner are You using but i am going to plead ignorance but i am pretty sure the TG can be only analog or digital, not both

they could be testing something, hmmm

Justin

Jason,

Mostly hearing this on Fire 1, Fire 5, and Fire 7. But I have heard it on Fire 2, Fire 4, Fire 14, and Fire 9. Each time shows up a radio ID like it is traffic, I just can't copy it, it just sounds like static or white noise.

Justin

No the radio is not programmed incorrectly. It has been programmed this way for almost 2 years and nothing has changed with the radio programming.

I figured out what it is. I talked with someone at the county today. The trunked system is going thru "rebanding" for the new FCC rules and some of the frequencies are changing due to that. What I am hear is adjacent or co channel interference from nearby frequencies that the systems is now using and it is bleeding over.

The radio just needs to be updated with the new rebanded information and frequency list / FCC channel numbers and it will be fine again.

Thanks for the input from people. I now know how to resolve the problem. Now for a project this week.

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.