Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfishracin

Does anyone know if something happened to the system in Orange County. My HomePatrol will not get anything. If I switch to my Durham county list then I get some stuff but nothing on my Orange county list.
No EMS or anything its all gone.

Quantar22

KE4ZNR should be able to help with this as he is close to you and also is a guru on those scanners.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Kingfishracin ... first step is to check the date of the database you have loaded in the HP.

Turn the HP on, select "menu," then "advanced menu," then "version information." If the database is not current, you need to start addressing your problem by updating it with the Sentinel software.

Uniden updates the HP database, which is derived from information on the RadioReference.com website, each Monday.

If your database IS current, check the scanner settings that affect the location where you are, as well as reception range, what service types you will hear, and whether you may have turned off ("avoid") Orange County systems.

kingfishracin

My Firmware Version is 2.04 and my Database Version is 2/23/2014. I just recently updated it and it did work after the update until yesterday. One thing that its doing now is when I select my list I get a warning telling me too many channels have been selected. It is only 26 channels which is the same as it has always been.

kingfishracin

I reset my HP and downloaded the 3/9/2014 database to Sentinel then created a new favorites list for Orange county. I am now getting the Orange county Sheriff channels but no Hillsborough PD.

kr4ub

Rebanding.. I'm now picking up the Orange Chatham Tower site on 853.6875..... After changing the control channel frequency all else, (talkgroups monitors) works as before.....

kingfishracin

Are you able to pick up Hillsborough PD? I don't know how to or even if you can change the control channel frequency. Can someone help me with this? If I do another update since the one I did on 3/9 would that take care of it?

kingfishracin

I am still not getting Hillsborough PD with the latest database. I probably need to be moved to the reband sticky.

kingfishracin

I still need some help with my HomePatrol. I have updated to the latest firmware and updated my database several times. Ever since the reband it seems like I'm not receiving like before. I am getting some of the Sheriffs channels but no where near the traffic as before. Hillsborough PD is definitely not right as I have picked up there dispatch channel a couple of times but no car to car communications for sure. I have no idea how to change the frequencies in the Sentinel program like the reband stick suggests.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I still need some help with my HomePatrol. I have updated to the latest firmware and updated my database several times. Ever since the reband it seems like I'm not receiving like before. I am getting some of the Sheriffs channels but no where near the traffic as before. Hillsborough PD is definitely not right as I have picked up there dispatch channel a couple of times but no car to car communications for sure. I have no idea how to change the frequencies in the Sentinel program like the reband stick suggests.

Could you make a trip into Durham sometime soon?
If you can stop by my municipal radio shop one weekday in the 7:30am-4pm timeframe
I can help teach you how to enter the necessary rebanding tables so you can
once again monitor Orange County & Hillsborough PD. I have had no problems monitoring
what Orange County activity there is off of the Durham Cole Mill RD and Camden Ave
VIPER sites. In fact here is a pic of my BCD536HP receiving a Hillsborough PD transmission just a few mins ago:
1btRGNf.jpg

Shoot me a PM and we will try to coordinate a day & time for you to stop by my
radio shop to get your radio updated.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.