Orange FR RIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Hadn't been through Orange County in a while and today I noticed that the FR RID/UIDs have changed. They resemble OFD RIDs now.

Mobiles had been 532xxxx - they're now 503xxxx (for the most part)
Portables had been 530xxxx - they're now 501xxxx (for the most part)

There were a few old 532/530xxxx RIDs that popped up here and there, but I was primarily getting new RIDs. Console RIDs have not changed.
Anyone know what's up?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
People getting hired or changing to Phase 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I’m just on the fringe of the main tower so I can’t really help since I have receive issues.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
It's not unusual to reflash the radios with updated code plugs or newer firmware. So you hand over your "old" radio and receive a "new" one that has been programmed, thus ending up with a different radio ID.

I've given up trying to track unit numbers here in Broward County because, taking fire units as an example, they will sometimes swap out to different pieces and still call themselves the same engine or rescue unit on the air. So just on a daily basis the standard operations are too much to bother with.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
They do the same here in Brevard the LID doesn’t match what I have tagged in my radio.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
It could be they may be switching to APX, I know they have still been using XTS5000’s OPD has APX Portables, most likely an equipment upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MSS-Dave

Anyone local to Orange County with any insight?
It's been awhile since I had this conversation with one of the principals involved but I believe it's as simple as some agencies simply ran out of UID space. OC groups agencies together and with addition of more agencies plus a lot of UIDs needed for ISSI linking necessitated a "redo"... so to speak.

There may be more or less to this but that's my understanding.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
That's kind of the theory I was leaning towards - a "redo." I have often wondered how close these large agencies come to running out of RIDs when they're on a system that is shared with multiple other large agencies. Figures, I probably had about 90% of the FR RIDs logged.

Thanks for your informative response, Dave. Mystery solved.

KM4GAV

Premium Subscriber
It could be they may be switching to APX, I know they have still been using XTS5000’s OPD has APX Portables, most likely an equipment upgrade
According to a public record I just obtained, the most recent radio purchased by Orange County was an APX900 7/800 MHz Model 2 Portable.
I think the UID changes is a result of both this and a UID redo.

Note: The mentioned radio purchase was for Orange County Corrections Dept., not OCFR.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
According to a public record I just obtained, the most recent radio purchased by Orange County was an APX900 7/800 MHz Model 2 Portable.
I think the UID changes is a result of both this and a UID redo.

Note: The mentioned radio purchase was for Orange County Corrections Dept., not OCFR.

I’ll ask around too

KM4GAV

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the newest radio purchased by OCFR is an APX6500 7/800MHz MID Power Mobile purchased on 10/30/2018.

MSS-Dave

Looks like the newest radio purchased by OCFR is an APX6500 7/800MHz MID Power Mobile purchased on 10/30/2018.
I just have to ask what is the point about looking for the newest radio that they bought? This was a they ran out of UID space in the groups that they had originally configured like 8-10 years ago. Lots and lots of radios added in that 10 years plus ISSI linking which takes up a bunch of ID as well. There are also neighboring counties that have IDs on Orange County system as well for interoperability that have been added in that time. So a redo as I indicated above to make all the UID ranges wider to accommodate a lot of additions within agencies as well as additional agencies.

This is just an educated opinion, I do not work for anybody that represents, uses or maintains the OC Public Safety Radio System.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Something to do, and probably interested if it’s an indicator of some changes

I never understood the whole UID fascination anyway, we never really used it ourselves except for MDT identities which we used frequently to private message the crews mostly because radio ids could move depending on equipment going out of service, especially AMR/RMA Id’s as they were issued at the start of shift

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The new “million” Radio IDs should align with the RDSTF regions.

1-NW
2-N
3-NE
4-Tampa Bay
5-C
6-SW
7-SE

In other words, Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade etc. 7xxxxxx, Martin, St Lucie etc. 5xxxxxx etc

Status
Not open for further replies.