Orangeburg City Police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesterwarez

Is anyone scanning Orangeburg city police? If so, How?

I have loaded the trunked frequencies into my scanner using arc160 and I have yet to hear one peep out of them. The only way I can hear them at all is if I am using Signal Stalker I and they are within my vacinity. I don't u nderstand whats going on.

I am using the information from RR database

If anyone have any updated info or anything else i can try please let me know!

LarrySC

If you just entered freq's then you must run in OPEN mode. If you also entered the talk group ID's then you run in CLOSED mode to listen to those ID's ONLY. Ck to see if freq's are set to MOT mode. Also just start with controller freq. Can you hear it in the FM mode.??? Just like tuning a car engene. If you fail to plug up one thing-nothing works. Good Luck.

chesterwarez

oh and as far as the mode....it is not set to motorola it is set to LTR because that is what is indicated in RR database
And occasionally I can hear them in FM mode.....And can always hear them if I am running signal stalker. The frequency that signal stalker picks up is the very frequencies I have programmed!

I just don't get it

Thanks for any help,

Mike

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Orangeburg Public Safety uses a type of LTR trunking called Multi-net. No scanners currently available are capable of accurately scanning a Multi-net system that I'm aware of. LTR standard is the only LTR format currently supported by scanners. I think the system is mis-identified in the database.

Remember that LTR systems must be programmed in LCN, Logical channel number, order. So LCN 1 must go in Channel #1 of your bank, LCN 3 in channel 3, etc. But this still won't guarantee any success. Note that there are few identified talkgroups and only an unconfirmed LCN order. If your scanner supports LTR (apparently it does) you may be able to add to the information in the database by doing some research, but it's tedious at best.

Your best bet is probably to program the system frequencies in conventional mode (FM instead of LT) and listen that way. You won't be able to seperate traffic from one agency to another, and you have to contend with the "ker-chunk" sound every few seconds on every channel. But you'll hear the audio scanning the system in this way.

You might want to read about LTR in the Wiki:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/LTR

You might also read up about mapping an LTR system:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

And if you're really inclined, consider trying out one of the LTR decoding programs to confirm some of this assumed information about the system:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunked_Radio_Decoders#LTR_Decoders

Let us know what you find out.

gcr33

Joe Cardani in NJ has/had sometype of Multi Net LTR program for sale sometime back.

chesterwarez

Well I found out that if i program them in FM mode....I am able to follow the conversation! But I still had to have them listed in the proper order or else it wouldnt work. If I have them in the correct order I can follow the conversation because I have the control channel in correct order. I have noticed when i change the order, i still won't receive any traffic. So i decided to switch the mode back to LTR and whadda ya know...NOTHING! So I am left hoping that someone will update the proper information on this...not even sure if they still using this system.

In FM mode I get a **** load of traffic! I can see the control channel changing as the action happens....So go figure!

Any other suggestions?

Wishing there was an LTR system nearby other than here that I can upload and check!

kg4ekc

I live here and have given up on scanning City. That LTR system is not scanable. I have them in a separate bank so if for some reason I want to really listen to something I can turn it on. I found that the constant control channel noise slows down and messes up all the other frequencies. So I just gave up and listen to the other stuff. They almost never use Pal 800 either. They will sometimes talk with HP or SD but only the Rescue and I believe the Shift Lt has an 800 radio.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.