Orangeburg PD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I programmed a PSR 600 for a friend who lives in Orangeburg, SC. I put the Palmetto 800 TRS, Orangeburg site in and he is receiving most of the talkgroups. He claims that he has not heard Orangeburg PD in the two weeks he has had the scanner. Am I missing something? I know I used WIN 500 to program directly from the RR Database. Did they go encrypted or phase 2 and not update? Are they dispatched on another talkgroup? Did the police disband and the sheriff covers patrol now? Any help is greatly appreciated!

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Orangeburg City PD and FD as well as other City of Orangeburg agencies use an LTR Passport system listed here: Orangeburg (City) Trunking System, Orangeburg, South Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

It's actually two different systems, one for DPS (PD and FD) and one for DPU (Department of Public Utilities). These systems aren't encrypted, but there are no scanners that can trunktrack Passport systems. You can program all of the listed frequencies, but you'll hear an annoying key-up on each channel every few seconds that will make scanning it conventionally quite annoying.

There are some software programs that can help track Passport systems, some that can work with a low cost RTL SDR dongle.

I'll add a link to the LTR system on the database page.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.