Orangeville Hydro

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3SCP

Premium Subscriber
Orangeville Hydro still has VHF quarter wave antenna's mounted on their trucks. I listened all day on 168.105 but heard nothing. The Orangeville Work's frequency on 154.445 was also quiet and has been for some time. Not sure where either went or they are just very quiet.

Also Grand Valley Fire has gone to a repeater system finally. Spectrum Communications has been doing radio checks all day in the County.

Frequency is still 154.130 but now on a PL Tone of 91.5.

gary123

look in the 158-165 area for the input to the fire repeater. A lot of works have switched to either Fleetconnect or OntQue. the fastest way to find out is to look in a truck if you have the opportunity.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Orangeville Hydro still has VHF quarter wave antenna's mounted on their trucks. I listened all day on 168.105 but heard nothing. The Orangeville Work's frequency on 154.445 was also quiet and has been for some time. Not sure where either went or they are just very quiet.

Also Grand Valley Fire has gone to a repeater system finally. Spectrum Communications has been doing radio checks all day in the County.

Many hydro and works departments in my area have switched to DMR. If you have a PL programmed on either of those channels remove it and see if you hear digital activity. Failing that... time to use the search button!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Probably 159.1650MHz for the repeater input. Frequency is narrowband and located at the water tower.

Try 157.4550MHz for the mobile repeater.

VE3SCP

Premium Subscriber
I actually worked on the Fire Department, Works Department and Orangeville Hydro radio's during my short time in the 2 way radio business. Replaced and installed radio's and antenna's in all departments.

The GV Fire mobile repeater was active. I will check again since the implementation of the repeater.

I did try scanning the whole VHF spectrum in sweeper mode and regular scan mode with no hits. I did have PL disabled as well. I was right beside a hydro truck for the better part of the day but no hits. I think they were busy trimming tree branches and not too much radio activity. I was hoping to maybe hear an input frequency if they keyed up.

I thought about a DMR system as well. I was working on converting them to DMR before I left the 2 way business.

Thanks for everyone's input. I will check back in when I have more valid information to provide you. The search continues..

VE3SCP

Premium Subscriber
This is going back 5 years but the bulk of the radio's where Motorola CDM1550 vintage. All were analog with 25 kHz spacing. There were a few ICOM radio's in the mix but I don't recall the model.

SCPD

QRT
Maybe NXDN?

I think VE3SCP posted mostly Motorola and some Icom's just a thought but in my area NXDN seems to be the new toy in town Icom and Kenwood. I may be way out in left field but municipalities and fire departments seem to be switching as their life cycle of old units comes to an end. Just a thought.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber

Can confirm Orangeville Hydro is still on the VHF analog 168.105. Confirmed communications during today's storm events. Can also confirm use of Icom radio in truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.