Order a Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i been wanting a Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner for a while i order one from Police Scanners | Uniden Nascar Scanners | The Best Scanners for Less: BearcatWarehouse.com

its my Birthday Gift from my mom and Dad!

Uniden%20Bearcat_BCD396XT.jpg

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Heckuva birthday gift...

To get you ready to use this scanner, I'd recommend some reading first - all of these come from links found here (anything in blue is a link)

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

1. Unless you're using an older PC, you will need a USB-serial cable - the Connecting scanners via USB article discusses this in detail;
2. Don't bother with trying to read the Uniden manual for this scanner - go get from Scanner Master (or download) the Easier to Read manual;
3. We have an extensive DMA FAQ which covers topics in much more detail that the manual can't
4. There are 3 main players for software - FreeScan (which is freeware), ARC-XT and ProScan. The Uniden DMA Software support article has the links. We also host the FreeScan user guide in our wiki

Take your time with the reading. DMA can be a bit overwhelming at first. I'm going to assume you're in California (we have state by state forums here) - once you decide which software you're going to use, go there and ask for a FreeScan file for your area. Note that this software can also import ARC (BuTel) and UASD (older Uniden software called the Uniden Advanced System Director) files.

best regards..Mike

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Well, Mike covered everything I would tell you..... So I'm just left saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you enjoy it, and know if you need anything we're here for you :)

Thank You Guys going to enjoy This Radio For Sure When I Make my Videos for my Pilot friends i can have them talking in the Videos as they Land No more having to Search my Recordings for them Talking

Just Have my new Radio Turn up Loud and so my Camera Hears it

Status
Not open for further replies.