Ordered my new Gre psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

burchill

Premium Subscriber
Well after a bit of reading but really never knowing what one is going to get unless having a few scanners side by side to play with I shall be receiving my psr 500 in a couple day, then comes the daunting task of trying to program it. It should be interesting. I am sure there will be a few HELP files from me lol, I do have Freescan and a account here at RR to upload database to scanner, hope theres a factory reset butting I'm sure I will be using it a few times lol

Highpockets

Well after a bit of reading but really never knowing what one is going to get unless having a few scanners side by side to play with I shall be receiving my psr 500 in a couple day, then comes the daunting task of trying to program it. It should be interesting. I am sure there will be a few HELP files from me lol, I do have Freescan and a account here at RR to upload database to scanner, hope theres a factory reset butting I'm sure I will be using it a few times lol

Freescan will not program the PSR500, you'll need Win500 or one of the other packages.

SCPD

QRT
The PSR500 is an excellent scanner. As far as software is concerned . . I have used all 3 of the main brands, and personally prefer PSREDIT which you can get from PSREdit500 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, and PRO-197 Scanners.

The only thing I would suggest is that you DO NOT put an external antenna on the PSR500 as it is already very sensitive and external (high gain) antennas just tend to overload the front end of the radio .. and your performance actually worsens and doesn't improve as one might expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.