Oregon Radio Project - Yamhill heard in Central OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki7fk

It may just be more testing, but McMinnville and Yamhill agencies are now being heard on the Oregon Radio Project P25 system in Central Oregon from the Powell Butte location (site 24). Control channel is 769.45625

Interesting while it lasts anyway. The links have been up for a couple of days at least.

KE7JFF

It may just be more testing, but McMinnville and Yamhill agencies are now being heard on the Oregon Radio Project P25 system in Central Oregon from the Powell Butte location (site 24). Control channel is 769.45625

Interesting while it lasts anyway. The links have been up for a couple of days at least.

That might explain why I heard some digital to analog converted audio on McMinnvile last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker845

The use of the state radio project system, should start soon. My understanding was this summer was the start of new system. I guess we will see in next few months.

JohnL999

Premium Subscriber
What I heard (and didn't hear)

Today I traveled from the Hermiston area west on I-84 and then south on Highway 97 to Klamath Falls. I saw that my scanner was stopping on many of the sites on this system. I only heard 'McMinnville Police Dispatch Link' (TG 40901) and 'Yamhill County Law Dispatch Link' (TG 40902). I did not have a wildcard programmed on the system and I didn't hear anything else.

In addition, I did hear some OSP traffic on their old 150Mhz frequencies in the northeast part of the state. I never heard anything on any OSP 150 frequency from north of Bend to Klamath Falls. I wonder if OSP is using the new system?

In addition, I didn't hear any radio traffic from the City of Bend PD. I did hear traffic on one of the Deschutes County Sheriff's TG's (64784), but nothing else.

ki7fk

I live in the area and I have not heard any OSP comms on the OSRP system yet. They are still active on the VHF repeaters. I have heard only some earlier testing and now the McMinnville and Yamhill activity on the local OSRP system up to this point. Interesting that you were monitoring the same agencies elsewhere on the east side of the state during your travels..

JohnL999

Premium Subscriber
Update

The next morning I did hear OSP traffic in the Klamath Falls area. Maybe there just wasn't much radio traffic the night before. Can you tell me if the PL tones that are listed in the database for the 150 system are correct? I was using the information that the Uniden software downloads from the RR database which includes the tones.

I looked through the data for the 150 system before the trip and I noticed that the locations that are given (Commands or Worksites) are not necessarily the repeater locations and the range for each site is only 15 miles. I mapped the sites and large area of the state had no coverage. I created a favorites list for the OSP system and increased the range to 40 miles (which is probably still not enough for some areas). I just found it odd that there was no radio traffic Wednesday night, but I also never saw a patrol car during that trip.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the frequencies/tones listed on RR are correct. 154.785 with PL 192.8. It's a voting, non-simulcast system for all of central Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.