Oregon State Radio Project

jeremym70

ODOT in Portland metro region seems to have finally switched over to the trunked system. Lots of new talkgroups. Anyone listening, especially with bad weather coming?

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I'll switch over to the Mt Hood tower (have a good line of sight here in central Oregon) and check it out. Thanks Jeremy!

jeremym70

Everything I've seen so far today is in the RR database.
Duane
In Portland there is a lot of activity on the talkgroups labeled D2B or D2C ops. It appears the Ops replaces the old color flagging simplex VHF channels. But there seems to be multiple one for each district, just don’t know their names.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I heard on one of the ops talkgroups a couple of ODOT guys chatting that each ODOT office/yard has two or three dedicated ops channels. Also it seems like 40126 is District 2B Incident Response Dispatch. I haven't listened to the Portland system to see if its patched. I heard a couple of IR guys talking to dispatch that they were on their new radios.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Duane
In Portland there is a lot of activity on the talkgroups labeled D2B or D2C ops. It appears the Ops replaces the old color flagging simplex VHF channels. But there seems to be multiple one for each district, just don’t know their names.
Ok, cool. I noticed some updates today. :)