Oregon State Radio Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkf435

Scott Mountain is the LCSO main site for East Linn County and can be a challenge to pick up in Sweet Home at times. The Linn Sheriff units talk groups will pop up on Green Peter whenever the units go up Quartzville the two systems have a bridge for coverage. Been hearing activity on Friday about "retreating" back to VHF as the 700 was having problems for OSP. Have line of sight view of both Green Peter and Scott Mtn so at times hard to tell which is active. Will try to see what is coming out where but both sites are needed to cover certain areas neither would be able to cover by themselves. Next weekend Sweet Home is having their Jim Bean safety day (lets hope no cars get shot again) so might do some asking about coverage of the officers there.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The "official" site name is Scott Mountain. Got it right off the master site list.

Ok. Thanks. I didn't realize they had updated the list. It was Green Peter on the old site list from several years ago. I just looked up the state's 700 license and saw the new site list. How nice of them to put the site numbers on there lol. Makes programming the Unication a little easier.

New Site List:
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20597107&attachmentInd=applAttach

Oregon Statewide 700 License:
ULS License - Public Safety 700 MHZ Band-State License License - WPTZ796 - State of Oregon

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies in the DB for Hood River Simulcast and The Dalles Simulcast were switched around. Looking more at the official site list it shows site 80 Hood River Simulcast (Murdock & Stacker) and site 70 The Dalles Simulcast (Augspurger & Middle). Augspurger & Middle are in Hood River County not The Dalles and Murdock & Stacker are in The Dalles not Hood River County.

The frequencies listed as Hood River Simulcast (Murdock & Stacker) are listed for Murdock & Stacker in the old site list which would put them in The Dalles. The frequencies listed for The Dalles (Augspurger & Middle) are listed as Augspurger and Middle in the old site list which would put them in Hood River. Can someone actually confirm which site is using which frequencies?

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
That would possibly explain why the HR Simulcast didn't sound very good compared to other sites around The Dalles and further east. I was up there 3 weeks ago and noticed the HR Site wasn't very clear. All others between Cascade Locks to Arlington sounded fine to me.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Below is the submission that I received. It is from a very reliable person and would take it as confirmed. Hope this helps.
I can confirm that when i was in The Dalles in April for a few days, the OSRP was difficult to lock onto. This may be because I was actually trying to listen to the Hood River SC from The Dalles.

Also, the specific frequencies that were listed (FCC/OSRP documents) for Hoodoo are actually being used on Mt. Bachelor and the frequencies listed for Bachelor (FCC/OSRP docs) are being used on Hoodoo. So hopefully that confuses you more :)

Official site names for the following differ from RR

01 RENAME TO CHEHALEM
16 RENAME TO SCOTT MTN LOOKOUT
50 RENAME TO PORTLAND CENTRAL SIMULCAST
60 RENAME TO PORTLAND WEST SIMULCAST
70 REAAME TO THE DALLES SIMULCAST
80 RENAME TO HOOD RIVER SIMULCAST

cinsu

The Portland Central Simulcast site appears to be offline this morning? I am in range of West Portland, Skamania Mountain and Mt Hood which are all functioning but don't show Portland in their neighbor lists.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I noticed I wasn't picking it up on Friday and then on Sunday I tried listening with my Unication G5 and it wasn't picking it up either. I searched the 700 band to see if there was a new control channel that wasn't in the DB and I didn't find one for that site.

cinsu

I noticed I wasn't picking it up on Friday and then on Sunday I tried listening with my Unication G5 and it wasn't picking it up either. I searched the 700 band to see if there was a new control channel that wasn't in the DB and I didn't find one for that site.

I was more focused on the Portland City system over the weekend. Just did the same thing over the 700 band over with the same result. Most of what I heard was patches or traffic from other areas anyway. The Portland OSP generally used VHF still.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I took a weekend trip to The Dalles and Hood River. I the only site I could receive in The Dalles is currently listed as "Hood River". The only site I could receive in Hood River is currently listed as "The Dalles". I will switch them back. I have attached screen shots of my computer that I took while in the hotel room in The Dalles. Site 80 is the only receivable site in The Dalles. It does suffer from simulcast distortion unfortuneately.

The frequencies in the DB for Hood River Simulcast and The Dalles Simulcast were switched around. Looking more at the official site list it shows site 80 Hood River Simulcast (Murdock & Stacker) and site 70 The Dalles Simulcast (Augspurger & Middle). Augspurger & Middle are in Hood River County not The Dalles and Murdock & Stacker are in The Dalles not Hood River County.

The frequencies listed as Hood River Simulcast (Murdock & Stacker) are listed for Murdock & Stacker in the old site list which would put them in The Dalles. The frequencies listed for The Dalles (Augspurger & Middle) are listed as Augspurger and Middle in the old site list which would put them in Hood River. Can someone actually confirm which site is using which frequencies?

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Odd as the official documentation lists it as below:

And I don't remember having any issues with simulcast. Hmmm.

BarneyL

Premium Subscriber
Hey there! Tried to PM you, guess you can't do that here. Local media (KTVZ) guy, getting us newer Uniden scanners to catch up (though of course not do the enrypted route) - would like to chat if we can?

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Hey there! Tried to PM you, guess you can't do that here. Local media (KTVZ) guy, getting us newer Uniden scanners to catch up (though of course not do the enrypted route) - would like to chat if we can?

For some reason, there's no way to message you. I'll send you a message through facebook.

jeremym70

Yeah those entries don't make a lot of sense as Stacker Butte is right across the river from The Dalles, and Augspurger Mtn is to the west of Hood River.
And Middle Mt is off of Hwy 35 near Parkdale. Murdock is on the Washington side NW of The Dalles.
I had to swap site 70 and 80 around last time I was in Hood River.

Status
Not open for further replies.