Organizing Talk Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHPFAN

If someone could do this favor for me that would be great. I have been wanting to know what talk group troopers are using in from each county in troops B, C, F. Ex. I have heard that troopers in troop b are from the northern counties are using a certain group and ones west of topeka are using a certain group.
I would just like to have all of these organized so that i know what counties they may be calling in from. Thanks

jereck_99

Premium Subscriber
The trooper in the Troop F are on the old and new system some trooper in the wichita area use the sedgwick co 800 and some use the new digtal system. not sure on b and c yet

jfranklin

When in or near Shawnee county troop B has a TG on the Shawnee county trunked system they use. CASP (Capitol Police) is always on the Shawnee county trunked system.

firefive76

Believe troopers in Osage County are using B-C or B zone C. Apparently the troops are broken up into different zones and a certain number of counties share a zone in a troop, although I'm not sure the pattern.

KHPFAN

yes i no that i hear b-b a lot and b-khp-1 and i've heard very few other but if anyone else know's let me know because im trying to get them all together...thanks

KHPFAN

K-61 is on B-B a bit so what ever county he is stationed in is one of those on B-B

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I have sorted out- see if it matches with what you have found:

B-A Jefferson, Atchison, Brown, Doniphan- northeast part of Troop B
B-B Nemaha, Pottawatomie, Wabaunsee- west part of Troop B- traffic on I-70 and up through Wamego north to Seneca.
B-D (Jackson?)- traffic stops north of Topeka on US 75 and on K-16
B-E Douglas, Franklin (Osage?)- lots of stops on K-10, US 59 and I-35
B-KHP-1 seems to be used quite a bit by units on I-70 west of Topeka and by others as they pass through- though you will hear units on KHP-1 and B-B working within miles of each other on the highway
KTA- South seems to be dispatching the whole turnpike- I haven't heard anything on KTA- North for quite awhile.

I have found that there is still quite a bit of traffic on the Topeka TRS working the area on KHP-Main TG 144. Many times the dispatcher simulcasts traffic on both systems- which is funny to scan (I have a scanner dedicated to each system) as there is a 1/2 second of so delay between the two (digital is slower than the analog signal- even though they are on the same tower).

Last edited:

KHPFAN

Thank you. That is exactly what I have been looking for! Now I will just need to figure out troop C....haha. May be tricky seeing as it's not fully converted yet. But THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.