orion on 796mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hello, i was doing a service search with my psr 500 this morning when i came across a BUNCH of various p25 traffic in the 796mhz range, i saved all the frequencies and looked them up here in the nebraska database and not a one of them came back with anything, im not ENTIRELY sure it was the ORION, but i heard a dispatcher call for "2 adam13" or something like that, which made me think Douglas County Sheriff, there was also a frequency 794.**** that had a p25 NAC of 140

anyone else ever hear any of this??

edit: 794.6125 had the p25 NAC which definetely sounds like a control channel....

Last edited:

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
ScanTheFreqs said:
hello, i was doing a service search with my psr 500 this morning when i came across a BUNCH of various p25 traffic in the 796mhz range, i saved all the frequencies and looked them up here in the nebraska database and not a one of them came back with anything, im not ENTIRELY sure it was the ORION, but i heard a dispatcher call for "2 adam13" or something like that, which made me think Douglas County Sheriff, there was also a frequency 794.**** that had a p25 NAC of 140

edit: 794.6125 had the p25 NAC which definetely sounds like a control channel....

Greetings! Would you post a list of the frequencies along with your NAC observations?

Thanks!

73's

topnik

havent dug around too much, but...

ScanTheFreqs said:

...running my -500 with UT and it shows a band plan including freq 762.00625...while I don't know much about UniTrunker or how it reads things or how rebanding is going to go, I thought it interesting that I saw that then this post...when I look at the channels listed, there are 15 with freqs and 6 listed as there, without freqs...of course, those 6 are listed as CC's...so...I may be way off base...I haven't checked, but when are ORION and Sarpy supposed to reband? Would they test beforehand? Is it close?

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
sorry, i didnt save the frequencies, the only one i can recall was the one i listed

obijohn

ScanTheFreqs said:
sorry, i didnt save the frequencies, the only one i can recall was the one i listed

Not owning a Uniden scanner, I am curious what the 1st I.F. frequency is.

That would be telling. I would have to agree that what you heard is most likely an image of the I.F. , and would be perfectly normal. As long as the bandpass filters pass the frequency, you will hear the opposite image of the I.F.

Even the 2nd image of the IF is important. For instance in my radio, the I.F. is 45.1 MHz.
If the frequency you are listening to is on 868.4 MHZ. The 2nd image at 778.2 MHz. could
be significant. I won't get into the math...

Depending on the bandpass filter before the mixer, you will hear this image.

p.s. for those not in the know, "I.F." is "intermediate frequency", and is present in all modern receivers because it is impossible to have voice bandwidth selectivity at the
carrier frequency at high frequencies.

OK, radio school 101 is dismissed. Go out and enjoy the nice evening...Obijohn

pps...rebanding should help this problem. Everything will be 15 MHz. lower in frequency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.