ORION Site 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I monitored ORION Site 3 (RFSS 1, site NAC 1E0) a few nights ago when the ducting was good. The frequencies are:

773.58125a
774.03125a
774.30625a
774.53125c

We're not supposed to add sites to the database without a location (county), so I'm going to delete this site from the database, but wanted to post this info here for everyone's reference. If anyone knows the location of this site, let us know, and we'll add it back.

Thanks,
Dave

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I checked my note that's the old York County Site located on the tower in Yorktown not sure why it was deleted

dtscho

Database Admin
Thanks for finding the site. I added the site NAC (1E0) back. We need the site NACs for the other two sites, if anyone is interested in helping out.

Dave

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
I monitored ORION Site 3 (RFSS 1, site NAC 1E0) a few nights ago when the ducting was good. The frequencies are:

773.58125a
774.03125a
774.30625a
774.53125c

We're not supposed to add sites to the database without a location (county), so I'm going to delete this site from the database, but wanted to post this info here for everyone's reference. If anyone knows the location of this site, let us know, and we'll add it back.

Thanks,
Dave

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave, I haven't heard that site, but I noticed there's only one of the frequencies in common with what I have. When I read out the band plan on SDRTrunk it says 773.80625 is the primary control channel. I keep seeing 773.8050 on the radio as a default change when I enter the frequency. Another unlisted frequency I have been seeing is 773.80535 on SDRTrunk. Then 773.53125, 774.08125, 773.33125 are the others I have in the radio and that were listed on the control channel readout on the SDR software. The last few days the control signal has been very weak and intermittent. The NAC is 480, system ID: 1E0. It also lists the band plan. 73, Jim

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
773.80625 is the current CC for Site 1, I know they have been making some changes and I concur the CC has been very weak and I am less than 2 miles from the Plaza Trl site. I am not getting the same NAC you are running DSDplus

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
773.80625 is the current CC for Site 1, I know they have been making some changes and I concur the CC has been very weak and I am less than 2 miles from the Plaza Trl site. I am not getting the same NAC you are running DSDplus
Yes, I live almost directly under Plaza tower. I get flashes of other frequencies, but nothing consistent. I might have time to ask someone at IT on Wednesday when I work EMS. I'll see what I can find out. Maybe info on updates or site changes, probably no frequencies. 73, Jim

K3QQN

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I live almost directly under Plaza tower. I get flashes of other frequencies, but nothing consistent. I might have time to ask someone at IT on Wednesday whSen I work EMS. I'll see what I can find out. Maybe info on updates or site changes, probably no frequencies. 73, Jim
Well, I just had a drive to do some errands and while I was out, I started to hear some police traffic on OPS1 without having a 700 control channel. I must be that Virginia Beach has linked to the 700 mhz talkgroups and 859.4625 is assigning voice channels to conversations on the 700 trunk. After all, they are on the same physical radio for units on the system. So, even reading out an 800 mhz voice frequency for traffic over on 664 in Chesapeake! So, there has to be many more sites for ORION also. Not just 2 or 3, since it is truly all Tidewater, north and south. There has to be sites in all the surrounding cities. Plus, it's likely that the 700 and 800 frequencies are now computer integrated so that either control can assign voice channels. 73, Jim G.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Well, I just had a drive to do some errands and while I was out, I started to hear some police traffic on OPS1 without having a 700 control channel. I must be that Virginia Beach has linked to the 700 mhz talkgroups and 859.4625 is assigning voice channels to conversations on the 700 trunk. After all, they are on the same physical radio for units on the system. So, even reading out an 800 mhz voice frequency for traffic over on 664 in Chesapeake! So, there has to be many more sites for ORION also. Not just 2 or 3, since it is truly all Tidewater, north and south. There has to be sites in all the surrounding cities. Plus, it's likely that the 700 and 800 frequencies are now computer integrated so that either control can assign voice channels. 73, Jim G.
It’s an area wide system, so there’s probably every city probably has an ORION antenna in their tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.