• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Orion VHF programming help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucleaireqc

Help me, I'm trying to programming with: PROGRAMMER R18 I GET TIRED and its error message.

tank you

picture

10455183_832447940108522_8683811767355433869_n.jpg

10567555_832446143442035_1740827028_n.jpg

10534643_832417176778265_7745621104569215965_n.jpg

10527381_832417320111584_8088904250790219077_n.jpg

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The 2nd to last screenshot indicates you didn't create any systems in Programmer.
That's not a radio problem...that means you need to do more to your personality file before trying to write it.
Basic steps: create set with freqs, create system, assign set to system.

nucleaireqc

The 2nd to last screenshot indicates you didn't create any systems in Programmer.
That's not a radio problem...that means you need to do more to your personality file before trying to write it.
Basic steps: create set with freqs, create system, assign set to system.

take control of my computer do you want? I get an error message write (Error: this is swithchable personality and cannot be programmed into this radio

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I believe that error indicates the radio is not capable of narrowband. (Option 23 I think, plus hardware capable of it). Is this a very early Orion?

DisasterGuy

In Programmer go to the menu option and enable the features menu. You will then be able to access features from the radio menu and see the feature codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nucleaireqc

In Programmer go to the menu option and enable the features menu. You will then be able to access features from the radio menu and see the feature codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I press Menu I see I actually FEATURE menu pressed again and nothing happens. One last question I believe that my CTCSS does not work as I expect the report of the tower why?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Looks like you have a 256K Radio, which won't be able to display the features from the menu.

It's been a bit but I'm pretty sure the Orions that can do NB only came in 512K boards. If you had a NB capable RF board, you would have a 150-174(sw) in the box instead of just 150-174, (sw) for switchable.

Either you can remove the systems that have narrowband frequencies in them or change all of them to wide, those are your options.

nucleaireqc

Looks like you have a 256K Radio, which won't be able to display the features from the menu.

It's been a bit but I'm pretty sure the Orions that can do NB only came in 512K boards. If you had a NB capable RF board, you would have a 150-174(sw) in the box instead of just 150-174, (sw) for switchable.

Either you can remove the systems that have narrowband frequencies in them or change all of them to wide, those are your options.

My radio is 256k with ROM6 or ROM8 ?

Last edited:

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
According to the pictures you posted "Flash Size 256K".

No idea on the tones on PTT, never messed with that before. Mine make the chirp sound on key-up on its own unless i disable alert tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.