Orlando Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RensoreK

Hello!

Does anyone know any frequencies for Helicopters in the Orlando Area? Such as Local 6 Helicopters? My objective is to be able to listen to eyes in the sky for weather, traffic and police usage. Does anyone know any freqs for choppers in the ORL area that aren't outdated? I can't seem to get the freqs posted on Google and several websites to work...

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Orlando TV news helicopters:

All frequencies listed are repeater outputs

News Media

450.1875 (PL 156.7) - Chopper 2 (WESH)
450.2125 (PL 110.9) - Sky 6 (WKMG)
450.6625 (PL 141.3) - Skywitness 9 (WFTV)

Police Choppers

Orange County - Chase 1 through Chase 5 - Orange County TRS
Seminole County - Alert 1 and Alert 2 - Seminole County TRS

Traffic Choppers

WDBO 580 AM - 450.7500 (can hear live traffic reports on this frequency)

RensoreK

I have all these frequencies programmed into my scanner, but I never receive any communications from any of these or any other chopper freqs. But I do receive comms from everything else. Is there a specific time of day these choppers are active? I know it doesn't come cheap to fly a chopper and transmit 24/7 ;)

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
james32746 said:
Police Choppers

Orange County - Chase 1 through Chase 5 - Orange County TRS
Seminole County - Alert 1 and Alert 2 - Seminole County TRS

James, I'm guessing that Chase 1 through 5 are OCSO TalkGroups? They aren't listed in the database - can you elaborate or provide a link to where you got these from? Thanks.

Last edited:

james32746

Premium Subscriber
jrmarlowe said:
James, I'm guessing that Chase 1 through 5 are OCSO TalkGroups? They aren't listed in the database - can you elaborate or provide a link to where you got these from? Thanks.

Chase 1 through Chase 5 are the helicopters used by Orange County, their activity would be on the regular OCSO patrol talkgroups listed in the database.

Same goes for Seminole County's Alert 1 and Alert 2 which is on SCSO patrol talkgroups, local PD patrol talkgroups, and occasionally Fire TAC talkgroups when needed.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Ahhh, that makes sense. A dept. with a half way creative name for a helo call sign. Imagine that! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Rover

Dont forget the Medical Choppers. Orlando Air-Care is pretty cool and you will hear them well in Central Fla. You will often hear "Scramble, Scramble Air - Care" and chopper comms back and forth with the dispatch at ORMC. Fla Hospital CareFlight 1 is also interesting.

ORMC AIR CARE....155.340 mghz
Care Flight 1..........155.400 mghz

Both use 155.220 as a secondary and can on occasion hear chit chat there as well.

Take care...

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Orange County Fire also has "Firestar 1" on the orange county trunked system and they are quartered at Orlando Executive next to the OCSO Chase Copters

Status
Not open for further replies.