Orlando Sheriffs Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
All,I will be heading down to Orlando in May and will be bringing my Uniden 396T. Im programming the Orange County Sheriffs dept 800 TRS and was wondering if it is analog or digital-P25? I know its a Motorola type II system but not sure if I should program it as standard ,splinter or P25.

Thanks,
Rob

TEH

Orange Co radio system

Hi Rob,

The Orange Co Sheriff is on the Orange Co Main System, the mother system, with some Smartzone subsystems. The majority of talkgroups are analog, but the OCSO uses approx 3 digital talkgroups, which are sometimes encrypted.

When programming your scanner, make sure to enter Orange Co Fire talkgroups, for Tac-1 thru 8; and the fire mutual aid talkgroups. You'll hear very interesting comms.

Use the standard system parameters, and use the data on radioreference.com. Your BCD396 will work just fine on this system.

If you're interested, City of Orlando is on a completely digital system, with 9600 baud control channel. Orlando PD talkgroups are full time encrypted; Orlando Fire talkgroups are not encrypted; some Orlando Intl Airport talkgroups are not encyrpted.

You might also want to program the Sea World Motorola 900 MHz trunk system; the Universal Studios 900 MHz trunk system, and if you will be near these theme parks and Walt Disney World, include Osceola Co Moto 800 trunk system.

It is VERY IMPORTANT for you to note the Florida scanner law. Make sure you read it. I hope you have a ham license or otherwise fall under an exemption in the statute. I have witnessed and heard of arrests and radio confiscations from people having scanners in their vehicles.

Here is the URL for the law:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0843->Section 16 : Online Sunshine

enjoy your stay in Central Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.