Ornge air ambluance Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
I heard they use a Computer aided dispatch system for the air ambluance what freq or system is this on? or do they use it via the sat phones on the aircraft

acosell

Actually, no to CAD and yes to sat phones. They also use the conventional frequencies, but every air ambulance in Ontario has a sat phone they can use for patches, etc.

I worked air ambulance as late as '08 and when we got a call it was usually the local CACC calling us in 129.275 telling us to landline OCC on the sat phone for details.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/332)

They use the same CAD as the rest of the Province. Basically the OCC triages calls just the same as any other CACC. This ensures that the right help goes to the right people at the right time. No sense sending a chopper to a patient who isn't in immediate danger while someone who is has to wait in line.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.344 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/332)

They use the same CAD as the rest of the Province. Basically the OCC triages calls just the same as any other CACC. This ensures that the right help goes to the right people at the right time. No sense sending a chopper to a patient who isn't in immediate danger while someone who is has to wait in line.

acosell

My apologies, for some reason I thought you were referring to the actual distribution of information to the crews, not the software that the OCC analysts use.

Status
Not open for further replies.