Ornge Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

als_medic

Aside from the Helicopters with thier callsigns like "799Z" those who listen to the fixed-wing aircraft may like these.
These are the callsigns for all the Ornge PC-12 Fixed-wing aircraft.
Enjoy.
C-GRXA "Pulse 101"
C-GRXB "Pulse 102"
C-GRXD "Pulse 103"
C-GRXE "Pulse 104"
C-GRXH "Pulse 105"
C-GRXM "Pulse 106"
C-GRXN "Pulse 107"
C-GRXO "Pulse 108"
C-GRXP "Pulse 109"
C-GRXR "Pulse 110"

uncleblackie

Wow! I didn't know we had that many fixed wing. Do you know how many choppers they have?
I wonder what percentage are actually active or available at any one given time?

On a side note, does anybody find it strange that they are advertising on billboards supporting their service?
Unless it is being paid for by their union supporting the workers, what reason do they need to advertise?
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but that could possibly be our tax dollars being wasted.

Last edited:

derevs

Believe it or not, Ornge is a private company contracted to the Gov. of Ontario. Advertising is a tax right off for them. Also helps to keep business afloat in case the government decides to make cuts to the contract.

Lexxx

Aside from the Helicopters with thier callsigns like "799Z" those who listen to the fixed-wing aircraft may like these...............................

Actually, for those who listen to air traffic frequencies, the callsigns for the Ornge helicopters you may hear on ocassion is "Canadian". So, if you hear "Canadian 799" or Canadian seven nine 'anything', it's one of the medevac helicopters. (Never a letter at the end)

In southern ontario all the helicopters are the new AgustaWestland 139. The Sikorsky helicopters are gone from this area of Ontario, although I believe there are some up north.

Here's some brief info on the new Helicopters for those interested

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.