ORNGE in Sudbury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorMike

On my page, they are shown. In this link, just under the blue Ministry of Health banner there is a menu for Input frequencies. Also on that line are the green square for the last 24 hour updates and the yellow square for the last 7 day updates.

You can opt for Shown or Hidden. Beside that is a Question mark that explains Inputs in the Wiki.

Yeah, I know about displaying the input freqs. I misunderstood about the freq DaveH posted. I didn't realize that it was a repeater input.

ATCTech

Just listening to PUL107 (C-GRXN) YSB-YKZ now and although the MODE-S is showing the civil registration his verbal ID with ATC is "Pulse 107 Medivac".

ATCTech

Pulse108 is up in Thunder Bay as well and hearing Pulse107 on 124.025MHz.

Check. Showing CGRXO on Flightradar24 and PUL108 on FlightAware. The joys of how to handle the flight plan data versus what's in the box for online display.

FWIW, my local ADS-B display (sans FR24 etc online processing, just direct to the display screen from the RX) shows the SB/KZ flight as CGRXN.

ATCTech

You must have ADS-B, MLAT and ATC Radar all selected as sources. I'm looking at only ADS-B. Multiple sources to FR24 explains the dual targets.

Edit: Ya, selecting ATC radar as a source uses the flight plan ACID (PUL107)

DaveH

This should save you using TAFL searches. Does this make me a "plane" guy or a "plain" guy? :geek:

The AW139 Rotary aircraft are:

C-GYNG
C-GYNH
C-GYNJ
C-GYNK
C-GYNL
C-GYNM
C-GYMN
C-GYMO
C-GYMP
C-GYMV
C-GYMZ

The Pilatus PC-12s (fixed wing) are:

C-GRXB
C-GRXD
C-GRXE
C-GRXH
C-GRXM
C-GRXN
C-GRXO
C-GRXR

Thanks for the list, though none show up in TAFL.

Still curious about any use of listed VHF channels, if only for next visit to the area (Manitoulin), long overdue.
I vaguely recall 150.755, will have to dig back for my notes. On last trip I was up McLean's Mountain, having
lunch in a park, with 3 scanners (or was it 4...) going, hearing stuff from all over.

Dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

knock knock!
who's there?
ORNGE!
ORNGE who?
ORNGE you glad I'm running out of knock-knock jokes!

ATCTech

"Thanks for the list, though none show up in TAFL."

Individual aircraft rarely do, and when they do and belong to a larger fleet it always "makes me go hmmmm" as they say.

Stay safe everyone!

sudsyjkh

Hey all.
Just a quick update; choppers have been back to regularly using the uhf repeater (413.6875) for the past day or 2. It’s coming in loud and clear over here, on the 8th floor, less than a block from HSN.
Thanks to everyone for the interesting info re fixed-wing identifiers and such.
Just an aside, (I generally don’t listen to a lot of AM/air traffic coms), but have been as of late. Instead of using Canadian-7XXX callsigns, as they did back in the day, choppers, at least 7798 here in Sudbury has been using LifeFlight-5.
Take care all.

Status
Not open for further replies.