OS456 full / PRO2006 install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryppy

I put this in so long ago I can't even remember anything except I had to beg Opto to let me pick it up to save shipping charges since I lived right up the street from the factory. Looks like my soldering sucked back in the day and the signal wire has come loose. Any idea where it goes? Discriminator tap still works great and is still hooked to the board.

Still haven't got it to connect with the PC even though I found my ancient 3.5" Probe 4 disk and got it installed on my oldest XP PC. Either the serial cable is wrong or I need to dig out dos 6.2 and a 486...lol

Any advice? Am I the last OS456 owner in the world?

fineshot1

I put this in so long ago I can't even remember anything except I had to beg Opto to let me pick it up to save shipping charges since I lived right up the street from the factory. Looks like my soldering sucked back in the day and the signal wire has come loose. Any idea where it goes? Discriminator tap still works great and is still hooked to the board.

Still haven't got it to connect with the PC even though I found my ancient 3.5" Probe 4 disk and got it installed on my oldest XP PC. Either the serial cable is wrong or I need to dig out dos 6.2 and a 486...lol

Any advice? Am I the last OS456 owner in the world?

Not sure what you mean by "signal wire has come loose". Could you please explain?

The Probe software will only run and RS232 communicate properly on DOS, not XP.

Get out the older pc with DOS and load it on that and it should work and communicate
just fine with the OS456/2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.