Osage Co using franklin co channel 4 private use

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrribeau

The channel 460.52500, the database says it's franklin country fire. But it has been heard the last few days that osage county school board has been using that channel for private use and i'm hearing it early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Saying that the kids r in school or they will be home @ 4pm. but at noon today the lady by the name of brenda asked 4 sandwich and a pepsi, cause she didn't want to use her gas to get it. but has anyone else noticed this ????????????? But any other time it's used by franklin 911.

n0lqt

It's not an image signal is it? Could be a false signal that is either a + or - difference one of your radio's IF frequencies. You might look to see what your scanner's 1st and 2nd IF frequenies are and add or subtract those frequencies (i.e. 455 khz, 12.6 mhz, 25.7 mhz, or whatever), see if it comes up with a valid frequency and then try entering that to listen. You can also try entering the input frequency (465.52500) and listening, but my guess it is from the primary output frequency unless you're getting a repeater tail at the end of the transmissions. One also would think someone in Franklin county would have mentioned the interloper by now if it is coming accross on their repeater. The databse also shows Franklin County uses a tone of 156.7 hz. Is this unknown source using a tone on theirs? Once you get their input frequency, you could try some Foxhunting to track them down further (try a Google search on "Radio Fox hunting" for some good suggestions on easy ways to track down an unknown signal.....

firefive76

Not sure where you live, but I believe it is that frequency I hear when I'm in Topeka. Sometimes comes across and sounds like a low power on site paging frequency.

mrribeau

It's not an image signal is it? Could be a false signal that is either a + or - difference one of your radio's IF frequencies. You might look to see what your scanner's 1st and 2nd IF frequenies are and add or subtract those frequencies (i.e. 455 khz, 12.6 mhz, 25.7 mhz, or whatever), see if it comes up with a valid frequency and then try entering that to listen. You can also try entering the input frequency (465.52500) and listening, but my guess it is from the primary output frequency unless you're getting a repeater tail at the end of the transmissions. One also would think someone in Franklin county would have mentioned the interloper by now if it is coming accross on their repeater. The databse also shows Franklin County uses a tone of 156.7 hz. Is this unknown source using a tone on theirs? Once you get their input frequency, you could try some Foxhunting to track them down further (try a Google search on "Radio Fox hunting" for some good suggestions on easy ways to track down an unknown signal.....

ty but i do not know really i'm kinda new to the site.

mrribeau

Not sure where you live, but I believe it is that frequency I hear when I'm in Topeka. Sometimes comes across and sounds like a low power on site paging frequency.

i live in pomona kansas, in franklin county. we added 465.52500 and nothing has come in on it , yet

firefive76

How close do you live to Judd Ranch? I know they use a UHF system, so maybe getting bleedover. Sounds like if you are hearing people talk about going to get food and chatting, sounds like it could be Judd's. Doubt it is coming from Osage County. Most of their schools use direct talk at the schools (no repeater) and the busses use 463.800 on a repeater out of Overbrook, using different PL tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.