Osceola County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Thanks for the heads up.

As we discussed in another thread a while back (I think it was you, fish), a few of the SO TGIDs listed in the database are not correct. You advised that they were, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are not.

TG 528 - West TTY is no longer used (for TTY or any other purpose that I can tell)
TG 1296 - East TTY is apparently used by ALL divisions now - heard a west unit switch over
TG 240 (not in db) - new Dispatch TG - one call that I heard was located just south of the Kissimmee Municipal Airport (on Fruitloop Cir.) - I'm guessing that the west division has been divided into two areas hence the new Dispatch TG

Need an Osceola native to confirm....

Last edited:

mhzscan

Any rebanding updates on this system? I'll be visiting that area next week and need to know if I'll have to adjust my 346XT with this new info,

MSS-Dave

Did some listening this AM, I don't hear any of the new 4 frequencies in use by them and there is traffic on the 4 channels to be rebanded so I would say no change yet. According to my info, only 4 frequencies are going to change. They are....

860.9375 now ==== 859.5375 rebanded (Channel 1) CONTROL CHANNEL
860.2125 now ==== 856.1875 rebanded (Channel 6)
860.7125 now ==== 859.0875 rebanded (Channel 9)
860.7375 now ==== 855.3875 rebanded (Channel 16)

Dave

mhzscan

While we are talking about Osceola, I'll be heading that way next week. I'll be in the east side (192 from Brevard over to County Road 15), does OCSO use EAST dispatch for that area? Bolt21 mentioned above a new dispatch, and i've also heard dispatch traffic on 1744. Can anyone tell me what talkgroup to listen to for that part of the county. Thanks

lsh1885

I was hoping with rebanding Osceola would be rid of the .712 and .7375 freqs these are the same frequencies that Volusia uses and they are constantly interfering with each other at least if you live in East Orange like I do. There is nothing like hearing EDACS beeps on a Motorola system, if you know what I mean!

Larry.

Thefish561

Ok, today I was updated on the rebanding in osceola and also clearified some info with the SO.

The only control channel being rebanded is 859.5375 and will be operational by June.

As for the the SO channels, the new tg 240 is the south district dispatch channel, East TTY is the primary TTY channel for the entire county, Each zone has a primary dispatch channel and a dedicated TTY however at this time only the following are used.

West Dispatch....784
West TTY ..........528
East Dispatch.....272
East TTY...........1296
South Dispatch ...240
South TTY Unknown and not in use

Also to be noted that Fire rescue will be switching to a new tone out system that is planned to go online by the end of march but more likely April. The normal two tone paging is supposed to go away and be replaced with VOIP system to each station.

TEH

Osceola Co Fire dispatch

Hello radio friends,

If Osceola Co. will end dispatching fire & EMS calls by radio, and use VOIP to stations, how will units that are not in station (heading back to station after completing a call; away at lunch; etc) be dispatched?

thanks for any help you can provide

Thefish561

calls will still be dispatched over "tac 1" however the "station alerting" portion will be done VOIP. This will allow units "on the air" to still hear the calls. Also remember that every unit has a toughbook with real time CAD so they will see the call as it comes into the comm center. Hope this helps out

MSS-Dave

Osceola County reband UPDATE 5/3/2010

The Osceola County reband project is scheduled to finish up (in the sites..) by May 7 end of day. Starting on Tuesday the 4th of May, techs will be working on the tower sites during the week. There could be some issues on receive since they are changing frequencies on a tower by tower basis. The main control channel frequency, 860.9375 now will change to 859.5375. See the other channels being changed in my earlier post.

Dave

skeeters_tony

No radio tech chatter today 05-07

For the week of 05/03 I've been hearing alot of tech talk on TG:144. It apears things are moving along at a good pace. When I started to listen in on Friday on TG144 and 160, I didn't hear anything at all. Must have taken the day off.

MSS-Dave

Seems that Osceola has finished the site portion of the reband project. Control channel traffic is now on channel 3 (858.9375) this AM. NO traffic at all on 860.9375 and voice traffic on the rebanded frequency of 859.5375. My radios are working correctly on the system so no impact to me.

Dave

gcr33

With the system rebanded has anyone submitted the updated information to the database? It does not appear that way.

ace1

Osceola County Rebandind

I would like to know how fish thinks that we are going to reprogram over 5000 subscribers and 20 channels in 1 week??

Thefish561

because we have super radio techs.....nice reply to a post 4 months earlier......on a side not its complete at this time

ace1

because we have super radio techs.....nice reply to a post 4 months earlier......on a side not its complete at this time

Hate to tell you, but the rebanding process is NOT complete.. I am kinda wondering where you are getting you information from??

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
As I was passing through Osceola County on Tuesday I heard dispatch announce that stations should disregard tests all day long on the new alerting system, for what that's worth.

At the time I did not have the rebanded frequency(s) in my scanner, so it must have been locking on 858.9375 as indicated above.

Thanx for keeping us posted on all this.

ace1

osc rebanding

Yes you are right, you did hear that.. but osc has not moved to the new control channels yet.
1. They are not licensed for the freqs nextel still is using them...
2. A large amount of radios on the system would not be working if they changed the system over yet, because they have yet to be rebanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.