OSHP Post 47 (Lorain County)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am trying to program my Uniden BCD325P2 scanner to receive my local OSHP (Post 47 - Lorain County) frequency but nothing I am finding is working. I have tried every configuration I can find, I know I’m within the range of the frequencies, yet nothing I’m programming is working.
I am desperate for help. Anything someone may advise is sincerely appreciated. Thank you in advance!

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
OSP P47 Operates on the MARCS trunked radio system, which is best monitored on the SDS100, but you should be able to monitor on the 352.

Post 47 is dispatched by OSP Medina and is routinely patched with the Post 52 talkgroup.

Depending on your location within the county there are several MARCS towers you’d want to enter do you know which sites are closest?

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Depending on where in Lorain county you live, try and see if you can receive signal from the Cuyahoga site. The Cuyahoga site will have Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Medina and Geauga traffic. The Cleveland Post will sometimes handle both Lorain and Medina.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
Depending on where in Lorain county you live, try and see if you can receive signal from the Cuyahoga site. The Cuyahoga site will have Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Medina and Geauga traffic. The Cleveland Post will sometimes handle both Lorain and Medina.

Problem with the 352 is handling the Cuyahoga simulcast issues.

wd8chl

For much of anywhere in Lorain county, start with the Elyria site. If that is weak, then try Grafton, then Brunswick. If you're in the far southern part of the county, you might have luck with New London, far west probably Berlin Hts or Norwalk.
Other Cuyahoga sites don't really do well into Lorain Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.