OP25 Osmocom Connectivity across LAN

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hello,

I have OP25 Osmocom installed and working on an old Asus PC running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. This machine is on my LAN. It works fine locally and I can observe it by running Firefox browser on the same machine. I hear audio fine and it works great. My goal is to be able to access it in the same manner from other PC's and devices on my LAN, using their web browsers. I am able to connect to the GUI from everything on the LAN to include tablet and smartphone. However, there is no audio. I understand why this is from some research I've done, to include some mention of it in threads here at RR. I found my way to the README-hls file in the apps folder of my Osmocom installation. It appears to describe how to do so. So following the instructions within and some other info on the internet I attempted to install nginx and the needed libnginx-mod-rtmp package. That went normally. Part 2 is for ffmpeg installation and this is where things started to go off the rails for me. Results below:

scott@Osmocom:~/x264$ ./configure
Found no assembler
Minimum version is nasm-2.13
If you really want to compile without asm, configure with --disable-asm.

scott@Osmocom:~/x264$ ./configure --disable-asm
platform: X86_64
byte order: little-endian
system: LINUX
cli: yes
libx264: internal
shared: no
static: no
bashcompletion: yes
asm: no
interlaced: yes
avs: yes
lavf: no
ffms: no
mp4: no
gpl: yes
thread: posix
opencl: yes
filters: crop select_every
lto: no
debug: no
gprof: no
strip: no
PIC: no
bit depth: all
chroma format: all

I assume that the text in bold red above is the start of the failure but I ran it as it suggested, and got the result of:

You can run 'make' or 'make fprofiled' now.
scott@Osmocom:~/x264$ make
scott@Osmocom:~/x264$ sudo make install
install -d /usr/local/bin
install x264 /usr/local/bin
install -d /usr/share/bash-completion/completions
install -m 644 ./tools/bash-autocomplete.sh /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/x264
scott@Osmocom:~/x264$ cd ../ffmpeg
scott@Osmocom:~/ffmpeg$ ./configure --enable-shared --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl

nasm/yasm not found or too old. Use --disable-x86asm for a crippled build.
At this point I wasn't sure what to do, so:
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.libera.chat.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.
scott@Osmocom:~/ffmpeg$ ./configure --enable-shared --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --disable-x86asm
ERROR: x264 not found using pkg-config

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user@ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.libera.chat.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.
scott@Osmocom:~/ffmpeg$

So at that point I gave up and figured I'd call in the cavalry, if you're out there. I am good at following instructions and have dabbled off and on with Linux, mostly Ubuntu, for years. That said my knowledge is still at a novice level.
Can anyone offer suggestions so I can view OP25 over the LAN and hear audio. I have no hesitation to blow up the machine and start over with a fresh install. This is an experiment at this point but I would like to learn and have it be a success if possible. It is my ultimate goal to run the host headless and simply connect from LAN devices.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.