• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Osnaburg Township Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
668
Location
Robertsville, OH
It would seem that Osnaburg Township FD has abandoned SCD in favor of the City Of Louisville for dispatching. I heard them testing tones over the last few days and yesterday I heard Louisville tone them out for the first time. The Louisville dispatcher announced "Attention all Washington Township Firefighters" by mistake. Louisville has dispatched for Washington Township for about three years now.
 

16b

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
479
Location
Central Ohio
On a similar note, I have a relative in the media in that area and he has been keeping me fairly up-to-date on the progress of the new Nimishillen Township (#3, I believe?) station. He has told me that a dispatching center is going to be installed in the basement level and used by RED center for eastern Stark County dispatching. I have not spoken with him about it in a while so I don't know the latest updates, plus he no longer has direct contact with Nimishillen Township goings-on as he got tired of the constant bickering at the trustee meetings. As I understand it, once the new dispatch center is in service RED center will take over dispatching for Nimishillen township.
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
668
Location
Robertsville, OH
Yes, Nimishillen Station #3 is on the grounds of the old Molly Stark Hospital on Columbus Road. It is supposed to serve as a "red center east" dispatching for most of the former clients of Stark Complete Dispatch (SCD) which closed two years ago. The station and dispatch center are not complete as of yet because of some dispute between the township and the contractor that is now moving towards a lawsuit. Dispatching is currently being handled out of the laundry room at Nimishillen Station #2 and they are still being refered to as SCD. I don't know what they will be refered to as when the new center is operational.
 

xusmarine1979

Active Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
1,367
Location
Louisville, Ohio
I haven't talked to him in a while, but I know a guy on Nimi FD and he told me a while back that they were going to 800MHz as well. He wasn't sure if they would be digital or analog though. Just FYI.
 

16b

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
479
Location
Central Ohio
Volfirefighter said:
Yes, Nimishillen Station #3 is on the grounds of the old Molly Stark Hospital on Columbus Road. It is supposed to serve as a "red center east" dispatching for most of the former clients of Stark Complete Dispatch (SCD) which closed two years ago. The station and dispatch center are not complete as of yet because of some dispute between the township and the contractor that is now moving towards a lawsuit. Dispatching is currently being handled out of the laundry room at Nimishillen Station #2 and they are still being refered to as SCD. I don't know what they will be refered to as when the new center is operational.
I remember being by Molly Stark before so I know where you are talking about. I heard from my relative about the dispute thing. He said that every time he would go to a township meeting the folks there would always start bickering. Perhaps the same people are part of the contractor dispute.

Interesting news about SCD; I didn't know they closed since I still heard them being referred to on the air. Is RED center currently staffing the laundry room setup or is it Nimishillen township?
 

fdmedic56

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
2
I am a member of the Nimishillen Fire Department and a Dispatcher with SCD. I just wanted to clarify some things. SCD is now being operated as a division of Nimishillen Fire and is made up of Fire Department Personal some of which did come from old SCD. There is no relationship between SCD and RED center. SCD is currently operated out of Nim Station 2 and will be moved to Station 3 when it is completed. There are some problems with the eletrical panel right now and NTFD has not recieved an occupancy permit yet. The hopes of the new dispatch center is that it will be interoperable between SCD and RED center. If some thing happens at the RED center (such as a fire) the RED center dispatchers will be able to move over to SCD and continue operations and visa-versa. As for the 800 mhz, I'm not aware of any changes in the near future but is always a possibility. Oz Twp did recently leave SCD and move to Louisville Dispatch mainly because they got a great deal price wise by the city. SCD is currently in talks with 5 more agencies, I'm told, that are interested in joining SCD. And SCD is still called SCD because nobody has come up with a better call sign yet. I liked LaRD (Laundry Room Dispatch) but it didn't go over real well. Any one think of a better call sign? If any one has a question about SCD or Nim let me know, if I don't know the answer I'll find out.
 

xusmarine1979

Active Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
1,367
Location
Louisville, Ohio
fdmedic56 said:
I am a member of the Nimishillen Fire Department and a Dispatcher with SCD. I just wanted to clarify some things. SCD is now being operated as a division of Nimishillen Fire and is made up of Fire Department Personal some of which did come from old SCD. There is no relationship between SCD and RED center. SCD is currently operated out of Nim Station 2 and will be moved to Station 3 when it is completed. There are some problems with the eletrical panel right now and NTFD has not recieved an occupancy permit yet. The hopes of the new dispatch center is that it will be interoperable between SCD and RED center. If some thing happens at the RED center (such as a fire) the RED center dispatchers will be able to move over to SCD and continue operations and visa-versa. As for the 800 mhz, I'm not aware of any changes in the near future but is always a possibility. Oz Twp did recently leave SCD and move to Louisville Dispatch mainly because they got a great deal price wise by the city. SCD is currently in talks with 5 more agencies, I'm told, that are interested in joining SCD. And SCD is still called SCD because nobody has come up with a better call sign yet. I liked LaRD (Laundry Room Dispatch) but it didn't go over real well. Any one think of a better call sign? If any one has a question about SCD or Nim let me know, if I don't know the answer I'll find out.
Would you happen to have any talkgroup channels for the countywide radio system other than the ones in the database?
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
668
Location
Robertsville, OH
It was reported in the Repository today Nimishillen Fire Chief Rich Peterson told township trustees that Fire Station #3 will be operational in two weeks. It was also reported, however, that trustees just now approved the purchase of $366,000 worth of equipment for the new dispatch center and opened bids for the tower at the site. While the station may be open in two weeks, it looks as though the "Laundry Room" will continue to be the dispatch center for a little while longer.

Any inside info to add fdmedic56?
 

xusmarine1979

Active Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
1,367
Location
Louisville, Ohio
Will they keep the same frequencies as well? I've noticed I've been picking up a PD station on their freq, and it sounds like it's feeding through the repeater.
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
668
Location
Robertsville, OH
xusmarine1979 said:
I've noticed I've been picking up a PD station on their freq, and it sounds like it's feeding through the repeater.
I have heard that as well. It does seem as though it is coming through their repeater. I searched the FCC database and the RR database and found no users of their input frequency, 159.405, with a PL of 136.5 and even the users with no identified PL do not have enough transmit wattage to be hitting this repeater.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top