OSP encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

I am currently listening to Post 45 TAC and the ground units are encrypting their signal. I heard the air unit on Post 45 Dis tell the dispatcher to have the 2 ground units turn on encryption and go to the TAC. I the air unit and the one of the 2 ground units has it on, one is still in the clear. Was surprised to hear them doing this. It sounds like they are working traffic enforcement from the air by the part of the conversation I can hear from the unit in the clear.

hoser147

Steve, I hear them working traffic on 75 on a regular basis, always in the clear. Makes me wonder if they didnt have something special going on. Even when they were searching for a escapee they and SRT were in the clear. Let us know if you hear any thing else.........Hoser

steveh552

So far they are just giving a driving record of a subject. First the dispatcher was doing it on the TAC but once the trooper was advised the subject was suspended, the trooper advised to move back to main talk group.

They are working Interstate 70 around the rest area at the 130 mile marker (He just called for a wrecker for impound).

Status
Not open for further replies.