osp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Can anyone tell me how i can get the osp frequencys for dist-1 -2 and what type of system are they on

All OSP operations are on the Ohio MARCS Statewide trunked system. This is a digital system and requires a digital scanner to monitor.

More information can be found at:

State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications

I see you are in Findlay. Findlay also has a lot of agencies on / or about to be on the Ohio MARCS system as well.

For a list of some common digital scanners [perhaps all of them], see:

Digital Scanner Comparison Chart

Mike

Last edited:

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They are on MARCS, A Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink system with an exclusive system voice of P25 CAI. You need a digital scanner to hear them.

nas14

I have the psr-500 and put in the p-25 tsys and the id numbers to districts 1-2 can't get anything what am I doing wrong ,I'm fairly new to this

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Nas14 Please don't report a problem with my feed anymore just to ask me a question on how to set up your scanner. I couldn't answer it anyway since I don't have a GRE scanner.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have the psr-500 and put in the p-25 tsys and the id numbers to districts 1-2 can't get anything what am I doing wrong ,I'm fairly new to this

Make sure you have the system set to Motorola Type II, not P25. Ohio MARCS only uses P25 for voice; otherwise it's a fairly typical Type II system.

K8TEK

Banned
Make sure you have the system set to Motorola Type II, not P25. Ohio MARCS only uses P25 for voice; otherwise it's a fairly typical Type II system.
For now. They are planning on updating it to a P25 system in the near future.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
For now. They are planning on updating it to a P25 system in the near future.

That's beside the point; it's Type II now. And near future? I wouldn't hold my breath; it's going to cost millions the state doesn't have. Haven't even heard any proposed timelines at work.

Last edited:

K8TEK

Banned
That's beside the point; it's Type II now. And near future? I wouldn't hold my breath; it's going to cost millions the state doesn't have. Haven't even heard any proposed timelines at work.
Well, all the radios our county just bought have 9600 baud trunking.

mdulrich

Feed Provider

9600 baud is in the plans for the future when funding is available. It would be irresponsible to buy radios without that option, otherwise when the switch is made it would be costly for your county to upgrade all your radios and there might not be grant money available as there was when those radios were purchased.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

No big deal, so do all the ones I have in the office; it just makes sense to buy them that way. 9600 baud capability is not a particularly reliable indicator, especially since there are a few interoperable P25 systems in Ohio now. The thread at hand has to do with MARCS today, not MARCS a few years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.