OSP Lucas County P25 Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star56

Premium Subscriber
Folks,

Well I got my Psr500 today and it is a fantastic machine. I am in Sylvania Ohio and I have inputed the Lucas Co control channels and I am getting the Toledo PD talk groups and all the surrounding areas. Except for the Ohio State Police. I am new to this type of scanning...is there certain 800mhz frequencies I should input to get these talkgroups? My Pro96 was preloaded at the store and received several OSP talkgroups. My Psr-500 has yet to detect one and I suspect i don't have the proper 800MHZ freqs in my TSYS for OSP.

Could someone suggest 800 freq so i can get the OSP talkgroups?

Thanks!

Tom in Sylvania

Star56

Premium Subscriber
Star56 said:
Folks,

Well I got my Psr500 today and it is a fantastic machine. I am in Sylvania Ohio and I have inputed the Lucas Co control channels and I am getting the Toledo PD talk groups and all the surrounding areas. Except for the Ohio State Police. I am new to this type of scanning...is there certain 800mhz frequencies I should input to get these talkgroups? My Pro96 was preloaded at the store and received several OSP talkgroups. My Psr-500 has yet to detect one and I suspect i don't have the proper 800MHZ freqs in my TSYS for OSP.

Could someone suggest 800 freq so i can get the OSP talkgroups?

Thanks!

Tom in Sylvania

This is strange. I have the following frequencies setup in a TSYS, P25 auto, wildcard

I have put them in a scan list and named it MARCS. What is weird is that I get nothing...no talkgroups...nada. In fact....I don't even show a control channel...yet I am sure these are the correct frequencies. I am a mile from a repeater tower...the Lucas County Public Safety P25 works perfectly.

Any suggestions to get MARCS to work??

Thanks!

Tom in Sylvania

Star56

Premium Subscriber
I'm a dummy

Star56 said:
This is strange. I have the following frequencies setup in a TSYS, P25 auto, wildcard

I have put them in a scan list and named it MARCS. What is weird is that I get nothing...no talkgroups...nada. In fact....I don't even show a control channel...yet I am sure these are the correct frequencies. I am a mile from a repeater tower...the Lucas County Public Safety P25 works perfectly.

Any suggestions to get MARCS to work??

Thanks!

Tom in Sylvania

Okay....heh heh I figured it out! MARCS is not P25.

Nevermind

HIP

Store ?

I am also here in Toledo and am interested in listening to the 600. You said it was programmed at the store,was it purchased locally an d if so what store?Enjoy your new toy.;)

Star56

Premium Subscriber
HIP said:
I am also here in Toledo and am interested in listening to the 600. You said it was programmed at the store,was it purchased locally an d if so what store?Enjoy your new toy.;)

My RS Pro96 was programmed locally. My PSr500 was purchased from Grove.

The good news is that I have figured out the programming...downloaded the databased (MARCS and Lucas County) from RR...and have a ton of talkgroups loaded up. The local Radio Shack is loading Pro96's with many Talkgroups missing. I hope users figure that out and go searching for the rest.

I believe that a group of Scanner folks meet at Schotskies(sp?) in Maumee every third Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. I'm sure that someone would have a 500 or 600 for you to try.

If you can swing the $500 it is worth every penny. Virtually every local PD and FD in on the P25 Net. Tons of State police traffic on MARCS. Scanning in this area has never been so good.

so are you saying that you can actually decode the Lucas County system with the GRE PSR radio? How much better does it work than the PRO-96 for Lucas county?" Try using it around Monroe/Secor, F.P. Mall - does it work there?

Status
Not open for further replies.