Osp marcs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
ok i been haveing this strang issue with district 6 osp talk groups i dont really know where to start. the issue is when ever an id is keyed up i get the control channels noise and then a strag whinning noise and then static. the scanner then stays on the id for a few then starts whinning again then gose off. most of my issue is with post65.never had this issue with my pro197. im useing a pro106 right now and evrything was just fine till about a month ago dont know if its the scanner or somthing i did like i said everything was fine till about amoth ago any help with this issue would be apprciated.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
1. Make sure you don't have the global attenuator turned on; make sure you don't have the attenuator turned on for that system.

2. Check your antenna.

Sounds to me like either you are getting weak copy on one or more of the towers you are monitoring, or you have interference on 800 mhz that you didn't have before which is causing your scanner to not be able to decode.

It's sounds like your describing the typical "motorboating" and weak, raw digital signal mixed with noise.

Could also be that suddenly a new 800 mhz transmitter has come online in your vicinity and is wiping out your receiver. To test this theory, you could attempt to turn the attenuator ON to see if a particular site decodes more clearly then.

If it were me havin the problem, I'd navigate to the TSYS object in question and press Analyze. Then I'd arrow up/down through the different active control channels and listen to the raw control channel audio [and watch the meter] and make note of whether I thought the control channels were all coming in clearly or if they were weak / had interference superimposed on them.

Mike

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
the noise is the motorboating you where talking about then the whinning the antenna im using is a 800MHz back of set base antenna. i did the Analyze the Frequencies for the towers control channle is between 77 to 99 % when analyze. dont know of any towers being put up or going live here and not really sure where to start looking other than the fcc page not to sure where to go on there. the global attenuator was truned off. ill try truning it on to see what happens. thanks for the help

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
still haveing issue with osp most the time its clear but every now and then it dose the motorboating of the control channel the tower im closes to decodes fine when Analyzed but the talk group for post65 is the one im haveing the issues with its not all the time though just every now and then only know of one other marcs tower thats in Orient if theres others i dont know of them

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
I thought there was a site in circleville to maybe im wroung still having the issue with osp and MARC it just seem to come and go i tryed everything above our they working on these site. its not just my pro106 my pro197 doing it now too.that hooked to a out door discone about 20feet up so im lost any help or ideas im willing to try

HOLEBILLY

Im having the same problem since I just got and hooked up a pr0 197. I can unhook the 197 and hook up my 2096 and the problem goes away.Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong with my 197? Thank you

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
ok so took another look at everything i had TSYS set to roam i put it on stat and truned on check all cc to yes so far good hope i fixed this issue been driving me crazy

sadman3

Premium Subscriber
was hopeing that worked but it didnt back to the drawing board i have tryed everything listed above and reprogramed the scanner i dont know what eles to do

Status
Not open for further replies.