OSP Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledenny48

Anyone know what site OSP Portland operates on now? And is it just one talk group for Portland...they have 2 38111 and 38112...I think they only use 1. Thank you.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Hah, I just replied to your other thread about ODOT, but the same goes for OSP. I've definitely heard VHF traffic on their "Portland Area Command" frequency.

I've also heard occasional traffic on their Portland P25 talkgroup for OSP, tg 1087..but I have no idea if that's a full time patch or not.

cinsu

You'll hear traffic on the Oregon State P25 system or on the VHF. Most troopers have given in and are using P25 with a few stragglers still using VHF. They are patched together though. There is also a patch to the Portland P25 system but it is only active if a system user is affiliated on that talk group, in other words it is not always on.

uncledenny48

Ya thank you, I figured out OSP I loaded the OSRP Frequencies for Portland Central simulcast...looks like Portland area only has one talk group. I just can't figure out ODOTS Portland area. I added the talk group id's for Portland area..same freq that OSP uses. Even the conventional frequencies?

cinsu

I'm not sure that they are using their conventional in Portland anymore. I would be inclined to say now. They are very active on the OSRP system, incident responders are on 40126, other field workers call in on 40122 and 40123 and you'll hear lots of nonsense talk on ops channels in the 407xx and 406xx range.

Status
Not open for further replies.