OSP units using ODF Tac 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I heard two OSP Coos Bay Fish & Wildlife troopers talking on ODF Fire Tac 8 151.490 with a PL of 131.8 yesterday...I had no idea that OSP uses ODF tacs. I didn't get enough of the conversation to hear what they referred to the frequency by name as.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Its probably the same channel. I'm assuming they probably have a statewide mutual agreement with ODF. I have heard OSP on ODOT tacs as well. And someone said on here that all channels are capable of direct mode as well, so I bet they have hundreds of options.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
It surprises me that a lot of radio users don't know how to use their radios...

jparks29

John McClane
It surprises me that a lot of radio users don't know how to use their radios...

.....and some know how to use it so well, they go to oddball channels that they don't expect to be monitored on.

I know agencies that used everything from school board to public works channels - after hours, because criminals didn't program that kind of stuff in.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
.....and some know how to use it so well, they go to oddball channels that they don't expect to be monitored on.

I know agencies that used everything from school board to public works channels - after hours, because criminals didn't program that kind of stuff in.

Lol, I kindof wish that was the case in my county... nope. Some people think they are still using the low band system here.

Status
Not open for further replies.