OSPO on Ohio MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacenerd

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard the OSP on the MARCS in Wapakoneta for over 24 hours now. Are they having problems with the system? Also what frequency are the operating on if the MARCS system is down? I still have 45.140 programed in but haven't heard anything there either.
Thanks,
Spacenerd

mmartinfan

Banned
They could be patched over to another talkgroup or they could be working off another talkgroup. Or you might not be listening to the correct tower to hear them.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Everything, including Post 6, has been coming in loud and clear on the Lima site the last few days.

Mike

spacenerd

Premium Subscriber
Still no MARCS

Thanks for the info but I have not heard a thing all day. I am starting to wonder if my new Bearcat BCD996T is faulty. I am picking up conventional channels fine.
Spacenerd

mdulrich

Feed Provider
spacenerd said:
Thanks for the info but I have not heard a thing all day. I am starting to wonder if my new Bearcat BCD996T is faulty. I am picking up conventional channels fine.
Spacenerd

Have you ever heard anything on MARCS? Also, what site are you listening to?

Mike

spacenerd

Premium Subscriber
Ohio MARCS

Yes when I first received the scanner I was picking up Wapak, Piqua, Lima along with various conversations on talk groups I could not identify. In the past 48 hrs I have not heard a thing.
Spacenerd

red8

When programing the frequencies into the scanner did you put in the
control channel frequencies? And if so, by chance did you inadvertenly
lock out the control channel frequncies? If you did then that could be
the reason why you have not received any traffic on the MARCS or any trunk system.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
spacenerd said:
Yes when I first received the scanner I was picking up Wapak, Piqua, Lima along with various conversations on talk groups I could not identify. In the past 48 hrs I have not heard a thing.
Spacenerd

Make sure you have all the control channels programmed for the site/s you are trying to monitor. Double check your programming if you have added or deleted ANYTHING, ANYWHERE in the scanner in the last couple of days since funny things happen when you think you didn't change something. The Lima site is using 867.6875 (the primary cc) and I don't think it has changed lately. Lots of traffic on this site.

Good luck,

Mike

spacenerd

Premium Subscriber
OSP on Ohio MARCS

I think I have finally fixed the problem, it was my antenna connections. Things are working much better now.
Thanks to all.
Spacenerd

Status
Not open for further replies.