OSRP Just Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Deschutes county area sites crashed. DCSO, Bend, Redmond, etc. units all went down around 12:30pm today. Some units have moved over to 851.0125 156.7.

So glad they paid millions to be on this state of the art system.

KE7JFF

Yeah, I’m actually stopped in Warm Springs for lunch and heard a very confused officer on OSP Bend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Nothing but system registrations. Multiple agencies keep walking on each other on 8 CALL 90 (851.0125). Pretty much chaos.

Attachments

• osrp_fail.jpg
    osrp_fail.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 57

cinsu

Still receiving Portland, Skamania and Mt Hood sites here in East Portland but not hearing any traffic for the last 10 minutes is unusual.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Deschutes County SO units checking in on 8CALL90, most aren't transmitting tone. Their mobile units are not working, but they are able to use their portables. Great...

cinsu

Starting to hear the patches again and OSP checking with units on Skamania and Portland sites

rcluster

No traffic heard on any of the OSP or ODOT channels here in the Eugene area for the last 60 minutes or so, which is not normal.
Just now heard voice on OSP Springfield channel so maybe it's starting to come back up.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Yikes, main system goes down and finding issues with programming on their mobiles is not the best time to realize something with the back ups is wrong.
Or it was poor training and user error. But from the description given it sounds like portables on the back ups worked mobiles didnt.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
This was going on while I was driving down I5 today. I noticed there was almost no traffic on the system. Finally I heard on the OSP Springfield TG that they were OK to go back to digital.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Interesting. So the radio shop just loads all these obscure backup freqs into the radios? I can't imagine the average user would have any idea that they're there/what they're for.. Who would be responsible for, in the middle of a catastrophic repeater failure, for knowing and directing the average patrol cop to switch over? Based on sort of how real world law enforcement priorities tend to go, I would figure that this would fall into the category of capabilities that are so infrequently used, most people don't know about them.

Last edited:

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. So the radio shop just loads all these obscure backup freqs into the radios? I can't imagine the average user would have any idea that they're there/what they're for.. Who would be responsible for, in the middle of a catastrophic repeater failure, for knowing and directing the average patrol cop to switch over? Based on sort of how real world law enforcement priorities tend to go, I would figure that this would fall into the category of capabilities that are so infrequently used, most people don't know about them.

These are not obscure. They are part of the standard mutual aid frequencies.
As MtnBiker2005 posted: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

The units were all called on their cellphones to switch over. Go figure...

KE7JFF

Well, to be fair, DCSO has a lot of new blood who don’t remember the analog days so it was good training. Most departments have some sort of training in this...

Status
Not open for further replies.