Oswego County Harborfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

I'm heading back for the third year to the Harborfest and (if I recall correctly) that for the last two years I have heard very little of the State Police on their normal frequencies.

Are they on their standard VHF HI frequencies or are they on the new county system?

Thank you
Dic
N1XBA

AuntEnvy

I would guess that they are using the new trunked system for 911 calls but are probably still using their own system for "normal" operations. They are doing that in all of the other troops around the state that I've heard.

Have you used the vehicle extender frequencies? I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet. I'm not really sure how/what the deals is with those but they are low power and you need to be close-by to hear them.

Keep us posted if you can! ;)

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
NYSP is on the UHF digital trunked system. Dispatched through the county Law Dispatch channel.

During haborfest, Oswego City PD is much more active than the state units. You will hear much more activity on the Oswego City PD talkgroups than you would listening to SP.

For state police (in this region), there is very little activity on VHF channels. Can catch them on 154.665 for car-to-car, and 155.370 during chases, searches, etc., but that is about it.

AuntEnvy

I noticed they don't appear to have their own TG's. Is that correct or are they under a differently "named" TG.

I know in a couple other systems they actually have a couple of their own specific channels. For some reason the 4 county CNY system does not have them or haven't been uploaded I suppose...

PlumCreek

Premium Subscriber
The 4 county CNYICC does have TGs for county events-look under Intra/Inter-County
Events Talkgroups in the RR database for any of the 4 counties in the consortium. The Harborfest will make for a busy radio system!

AuntEnvy

Ooops!

The 4 county CNYICC does have TGs for county events-look under Intra/Inter-County
Events Talkgroups in the RR database for any of the 4 counties in the consortium. The Harborfest will make for a busy radio system!

My mistake plum.

I meant TG's for the State Police.

AuntEnvy

Very good

I'll be there (with a Uniden 396) and will do as much research as I can.

Thank you all for your input.

Dic
N1XBA

I will be looking forward to what you come up with. Thank you.

OH! And have fun! ;)

I haven't been to that in years. Some of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
These are analog frequencies that I have picked up at Harborfest in the past:

452.2000 D466 Security (2011)
464.7000 173.8 Security
464.7250 192.8 Security
464.7500 210.7 EMS Command

Those are from 2 - 3 years ago... wouldn't hurt to plug them in too. May or may not be in use this year.. ?

"Some" other trunked talkgroups to monitor during Harborfest:

8013 Oswego City PD Dispatch
8328 Oswego City PD Admin
8060 Oswego City PD Tac
8331 Oswego City FD Ops
8302 Border Patrol/ US Coast Guard Ops

In reference to the State Police on the UHF trunked systems, they do have a talkgroup of 53 "State Ops." Can be heard on all 4 systems. Not a lot of traffic on there, but often used during radar setups, etc.

In Oswego County, SP uses the Law channels that are assigned to our county. During a higher level call, they will often switch over to "Law Tac 13." Sheriff's and/ or State Police can be heard on this channel together. It's assigned for use to "law," regardless if its a state or county unit. Law Dispatch channel is the same way.

Last edited:

AuntEnvy

Listening in to Harborfest

I see the listing for the county fire units but nothing on law.

Is there a list for the numbering systems so I can figure out what units I'm listening to?

Thanks guys

AuntEnvy

Ahh, very good Alpha, appreciate that.

I looked under the Oswego county DB section, didn't realize the CNY wiki had the entire group info.

Status
Not open for further replies.