• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

[OT] Bit of a mishap at Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Multimillion dollar corporation and they have an Ace Hardware looking mailbox with their name stickered on lol

12dbsinad

Multimillion dollar corporation and they have an Ace Hardware looking mailbox with their name stickered on lol

By the looks of the skid steer maybe it's been cleaned out multiple times, so decided to go the economy route.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin

It well represents the interior decor :roll:

I couldn't agree more, especially considering how very different a trip to Motorola CCSi is.

BushDoctor

Low Cost Mailbox

It seems like they inherited some of the bad traits from GE that put GE out of business. GE would do anything to save a buck including losing customers over warranty items. The stories i could tell you are so unbelievable from my Air Force days up through my retirement from Motorola and even working for a GE service center after Motorola. Motorola had faults also, but dumping on customers wasn't one of them at least when i was with Motorola Inc We warrantied parts that were out of warranty for 10 years that never should have failed where as GE used excuses like losing the paperwork and after customers in warranty replacement items after submitting them 3 times they lost interest. I had to quit. Alexandria Police and MD State Police are still waiting since 1973 and GE is out of business now. I live in Virginia and wish GE had been a leader sadly they were not.

PACNWDude

I may have paid for one of those mail boxes with my purchases.

All manufactures are getting tighter on things.

Last one I dealt with, Zetron is really getting cheap. Then they are losing customers too. But no earth moving equipment in ditches that I have seen. Icom is taking some hits too.

All companies make some good and poor products. The goal is to make more good products and keep customers happy. And keep equipment from getting stuck in snow where possible.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Last one I dealt with, Zetron is really getting cheap. Then they are losing customers too. But no earth moving equipment in ditches that I have seen. Icom is taking some hits too.

All companies make some good and poor products. The goal is to make more good products and keep customers happy. And keep equipment from getting stuck in snow where possible.

In the past decade Motorola spent a ton of money at Shaumburg decorating, building a museum, fancy impressive conference rooms and CCSI only to sell it all off and fire employees. I will say this they also wined and dined clients very generously.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Back during one of the big snows of the late 70's early 80's I among many thousand others were snowed in at the Motorola plant one night. I got antsy really wanted to go home. There were no plows. I borrowed an orange lunch tray and shoveled my car out. I got 1/2 way home and had to go back and spend the night with a bubble wrap pillow.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
You shouldn't have run him off the road Mark! (Grin)
Aint retirement great....!

riveter

Premium Subscriber
In the past decade Motorola spent a ton of money at Shaumburg decorating, building a museum, fancy impressive conference rooms and CCSI only to sell it all off and fire employees. I will say this they also wined and dined clients very generously.

Right on... that campus is scary now... like it got bio-bombed and evacuated in a hurry 10 years ago.

prcguy

I don't know much about the plant near Lynchburg but I do know the Harris folks in Rochester, NY rock. They have designed and built some of the finest multiband HF/VHF/UHF military radios on the planet to date and are light years ahead of the other US competition.
prcguy

RFI-EMI-GUY

I don't know much about the plant near Lynchburg but I do know the Harris folks in Rochester, NY rock. They have designed and built some of the finest multiband HF/VHF/UHF military radios on the planet to date and are light years ahead of the other US competition.
prcguy

Way back in the 70's, didn't Harris make a clone of the VHF HT-220 that was black in color and had a pulse counting digital discriminator? It was mostly plastic, but shared the same battery and size as the HT220.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Way back in the 70's, didn't Harris make a clone of the VHF HT-220 that was black in color and had a pulse counting digital discriminator? It was mostly plastic, but shared the same battery and size as the HT220.

I don't remember a 'clone' of the HT-220. But I remember one that resembled the HT-200 is size and function. It was called the PR.

What was really neat about the PR was it used a NiCad pack, or you could take out the rechargeable pack and directly install C-Cell flashlight batteries into the case to power the radio. It also was one of the last radios to use a telescopic antenna. Down in Miami, it was very popular with hunters for use in the Everglades.

Status
Not open for further replies.