(OT but related) Probably the worst kept secret.... HRO ... Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

After some super Google-Fu searching and looking in public records, it appears that HRO will be locating in Winter Springs as reported, click the link below for details ....

SCPA Parcel View: 34-20-30-5AW-0000-048C

Drive around it this AM. It's a nice area. Convenient to 17/92 and State Road 417 to the east. Straight shot from I-4 and 434 exit East for 5 to 6 MI. There are several suites in this building, apparently one is occupied with a florist. Robert Jr. and his wife own the entire property which is a bit over an acre including parking. There is nothing here that would scream warehouse like roll up doors or a truck loading dock.

Looking forward to them getting up and running. When I buy, I buy from HRO or DXE anyway so it'll be great to have a Florida presence for somebody, especially since buying tax free from an out-of-state vendor is now a thing of history.
I am just down the road (Oviedo) . Looking forward to the store opening. I wonder if they will do consignment?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Years ago in the 80’s, & 90’s there were two HUGE ham radio stores not far from the Miami Airport. International Radio, & N&G. At least 50% of their business was catering to rich South Americans who would fly into town, rent a van, & drive to the store to load up the truck with Yaesu equipment. I saw this several times, & money was no object to these people. But yet both stores are long gone.

N&G was very big when I lived in Miami. I overheard a few phone calls when I was shopping there. Selling radios to Columbia etc. They had a late night TV ad selling night vision goggles. Bought my ICOM R7000 receiver there. Very friendly, I was taken to the back room and handed a fresh ICOM R7000 box from the inventory cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.