OT Posts Moved Admin & Site Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

Fire/Rescue radios are being reconfigured beginning on July 31, 2006. Talkgroup channel numbers below are updated to reflect the new configuration.

Does this mean I have to change my scanner or does it do it auto? I saw something on my scanner that either was 7I or 71 so cannot tell, but it looks like I can have a lot of stuff on there.

Bob

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
SPERT20906 said:
Fire/Rescue radios are being reconfigured beginning on July 31, 2006. Talkgroup channel numbers below are updated to reflect the new configuration.

Does this mean I have to change my scanner or does it do it auto? I saw something on my scanner that either was 7I or 71 so cannot tell, but it looks like I can have a lot of stuff on there.

Bob
This seems to have nothing to do with this topic, and the message seems to missing something. I thought I would add a reply, just in case you thought you posted this somewhere else. :confused:

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
This seems to have nothing to do with this topic, and the message seems to missing something. I thought I would add a reply, just in case you thought you posted this somewhere else. :confused:

I will try again;

I saw that they are changing so my question is do I need to change my scanner or is this just for information in case we here strange things on the scanner? In other words do I do anything? Thanks

Bob

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
SPERT20906 said:
I will try again;

I saw that they are changing so my question is do I need to change my scanner or is this just for information in case we here strange things on the scanner? In other words do I do anything? Thanks

Bob
Bob,

Again, your question makes no sense in regard to this topic. What does improvements and added features in the RR database have to do with reconfiguration of a local fire department's radios? :confused:

In your first post, you mentioned TG's listed below, below where? You listed no TG's.

I am guessing from your posts that you need to ask this question in your regional forum where someone may have an idea of what you are talking about, or wait for the reconfiguration you mentioned and see what happens. In either case, the question is a scanning question, not a site administration or site help question; which is what this forum is intended for. :)

mciupa

Database Admin
SPERT20906 , if you are scanning with scan lists ,you will have to put the new talkgroups in your lists.
If you are just searching that system , they will appear automatically , you may wish to add something new to RR and have it verified by an DB Admin.

I'm pretty sure the 71xxxxx talkgroup you saw was a Private Call and what you saw was a radio ID(they all start with 7 on scanners) Those will be random , and most likely have comm's of Fire admin. or personal calls. If you're the type that likes that stuff, go for it , and add it to your lists if space permits.

I will now back out of the room slowly as I am perpetuating a rogue discussion :wink:

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
mciupa said:
...I will now back out of the room slowly as I am perpetuating a rogue discussion :wink:
:lol:
Okay 'hombre, make it reeeaaallll slooowww, and no sudden moves.
:lol:

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
Bob,

Again, your question makes no sense in regard to this topic. What does improvements and added features in the RR database have to do with reconfiguration of a local fire department's radios? :confused:

Let me go in to mpore details;

1 I have a pro-2096
2 I have it programed
3 I see the message on the data thing about the tg
4 do I change anything

If this does not help then I will just not bother with this site because there seems to be stupid people on here who seem to not want me on here.

In your first post, you mentioned TG's listed below, below where? You listed no TG's.

I am guessing from your posts that you need to ask this question in your regional forum where someone may have an idea of what you are talking about, or wait for the reconfiguration you mentioned and see what happens. In either case, the question is a scanning question, not a site administration or site help question; which is what this forum is intended for. :)

I thoght this is where I was, am I in the wrong forum [thought it was maryland], sorry

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
SPERT20906 said:
loumaag said:
Bob,

Again, your question makes no sense in regard to this topic. What does improvements and added features in the RR database have to do with reconfiguration of a local fire department's radios?

Let me go in to mpore details;

1 I have a pro-2096
2 I have it programed
3 I see the message on the data thing about the tg
4 do I change anything

If this does not help then I will just not bother with this site because there seems to be stupid people on here who seem to not want me on here.

I am guessing from your posts that you need to ask this question in your regional forum where someone may have an idea of what you are talking about, or wait for the reconfiguration you mentioned and see what happens. In either case, the question is a scanning question, not a site administration or site help question; which is what this forum is intended for.
I thoght this is where I was, am I in the wrong forum [thought it was maryland], sorry
Not a problem, that is why I really posted the first message, it sounded like you thought you were in some conversation already... :cool:

However, I get enough grief about things I actually say without people making up things and attributing them to me. Let us be clear about something to you and to anyone reading this, the quote you attributed to me was only partially mine, as anyone who looks back can see, a lot of the quote you attribute to me is not from me. :roll:

SPERT20906

loumaag said:
Not a problem, that is why I really posted the first message, it sounded like you thought you were in some conversation already... :cool:

However, I get enough grief about things I actually say without people making up things and attributing them to me. Let us be clear about something to you and to anyone reading this, the quote you attributed to me was only partially mine, as anyone who looks back can see, a lot of the quote you attribute to me is not from me. :roll:

AGAIN, GO THERE YOURSELF & READ IT, BECAUSE IF IT IS SAYING SOMETHING THEN I WANT TO KNOW DO WE DO I DO IT OR NOT HOW HARD IS THIS??????????

They put it on there for us [do not know who] but maybe I am asking the wrong person & if so I am sorryt I will go look again & then get on the help desk. because I am getting no place with the people on here.

So am I doing something wrong on here? I am sorry

Bob

SPERT20906

Now what do I do, should I get them or not?

Thanks & God bless

Bob

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ATTN: MD Fourm Folks

TO: The MD Folks

I am sorry to just dump this set of posts on you but I don't know what else to to with them. SPERT20906 started to hijack a thread with these off the wall posts and even when told that they made no sense continued to do so.

I am hoping by moving all of the related posts to the MD forum, that someone here can help him. It is obvious that he has no idea that he was asking these questions on a thread that had nothing to do with it and I believe he thought he was here in the MD forum.

In any case, here you go, I hope you guys can make some sense out of the disjointed postings. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.