OT-Roanoke Police Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Attached are photos showing the old and new Roanoke Police car paint scheme - in the field.

Attachments

• old & new (Small).jpg
    old & new (Small).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • b&w (Small).jpg
    b&w (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,230

jparks29

John McClane
retards,who needs to advertise that they're nationally accredited?

and, who the hell ordered a SAP black/white?

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
They're retards for advertising they're nationally accredited? I better let my bosses know at work that we're retards too, they'll probably order removal of our accredidation stickers right away.

It's about showing the taxpayers that the money they give for public safety is going to a well-run department - national accreditation isn't something that's just handed out.

Personally, I think the black-and-white color scheme is attractive.

John

Premium Subscriber
You will see the National Accreditation "advertised" on most departments that have it. I know all three agencies (police, fire and sheriff's office) here in Roanoke advertise it on their vehicles. They should. They spend enough taxpayer money to get it.

From my experience the process seems like a racket. The organizations giving you their "seal of approval" charge a lot for the process... anyway, I also agree it does show the taxpayer that they can expect a certain level of professional performance fom their agencies.

I also like the look of the black-and-white scheme. Stands out better than the white with blue accents. I just don't like the city brand on the doors. I think they should have done them in some color scheme that blended with the car. Sort of like the FD ones that are done in gold or red to match their paint schemes.

John

jparks29

John McClane
"retarded" was the first word that came to mind, although maybe a little too harsh...

here's the "deal"....

the SAP, or Street Appearance Package strips all the "police" looking stuff off the vic,the "police interceptor" logo is replaced with the "crown victoria" logo, makes the door handles/trim chrome instead of black,chrome grille instead of black honeycomb,rear fascia body color instead of black,etc...

in other words, it makes it look like a regular joe blow vic, instead of a "police car"....

whats the point of ordering a car to look less like a police car, then put a B/W paint scheme on it that screams police, and mark it up.... THAT is what's retarded....

the fact that they mention that they're accredited,makes me believe they have an image problem,and want to prove something to somebody..... what's wrong with "Courtesy,Professionalism,Pride" or some crap like that??

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I am sure that the city, the police officers, the citizens, and the fleet maintenance guys could care less if they had a SAP or a Police Package car. Only the guys who are hanging out on the CVPI forums would get worked up over something like that.

I am sure they would have used "Courtesy, Professionalism, Pride" if they're also had room for the NYPD markings too.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
As has already been stated, national accreditation is not something that an agency comes by easily. I agree that there is no problem with "advertising" it on their units. It should show citizens they are getting something for their money instead of unprofessional & lazy doughnut eaters.

This is a prestigious thing... why not stamp it on their vehicles and show some pride in their department & officers? As for the black/ white color scheme, I didn't think I'd like it. But after seeing the photos, I've got to say I think they are sharp. Probably not my favorite, but certainly a nice looking vehicle.

Samuel

Many agencies in the DC area that are accredited have the CALEA logos on their cars. I know that Prince William and Fairfax dont though but they have it on their letterhead and some other things. The whole point of accreditation is to show that your agency is a professional top notch agency. It is not an easy process and has to be reviewed every three years. There is nothing wrong with showing the public that you are accredited as a matter of fact one might ask why you would even go through the process if you werent going to publicize it? Besides every other industry tells you if the are accredited or not why not our profession?

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Looks good. Accreditation is good to be touting, IMO. My fire department has it, but you can't really tell unless you know what the 5" sticker means (the logo isn't designed to be seen pretty far-off). Los Angeles City Fire has been advertising their accreditation ("Class 1 Fire Department") for decades.

RFEMSG1

Well you know the City Manager had to get the logo that they spend thousands and thousands of dollars for on the new PD cars somehow, just like they added them to all the FD apparatus!

musicman

More Photos

These new Roanoke police cars also come in non-SAP livery. Also, see sticker.

Attachments

• police intercepter (Small).jpg
    police intercepter (Small).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 715
  • new b&w (Small).jpg
    new b&w (Small).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,888
  • sticker (Small).jpg
    sticker (Small).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 617

Ten42

RPD New paint job

I think the new paint scheme looks great. I remember when RPD had the blue and white paint job, which I thought was the best looking police car I have ever seen. Living in Danville now, everything down here is white with a nice door decal scheme, but the black and white, traditional police car is sharp, it looks very professional. Just my opinion.
David Hartman,
Danville, Va

Status
Not open for further replies.