• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

OTAP and MotoTRBO 2.10 Radio Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark-fwi

Has anyone accomplished over-the-air-programming with the new 2.10 firmware and 2.18.95 Radio Management version in MotoTRBO radios? I have tried multiple PCs and RM servers and am not able to succeed when using the repeater NAI data interface and MNIS. I am able to ping the radios and the Device Monitor software sees that there is a job but it fails with Error Code: 463 [ Application has encountered an error. The connection to the device cannot be established. ]

Motorola tech support hasn't been any help.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I too have used WiFi, not OTAP and had to occasionally go into services and manually stop and restart the RM server.

Firebuff880

@mark-fwi

Did you update DDMS & MNIS ? Did you get a clean connection test from DP and ensure that only OTAP is selected ?

In MNIS change to Logging Level 3, create a report and then look at to make sure your repeaters are talking with MNIS.

Can you ping the subscriber from the MNIS / DP box . 7002 = 12.0.27.90 or what ever your subscriber is -

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I have done a good bit of otap on the newest CPS on both cap max and cap plus. I am with Firebuff on the MNIS or something not correct in DP. TT

mark-fwi

Motorola came through and fixed this issue. They sent me a new TransportLayer.dll file for use on the OTAP device programmer PCs to get me up and going. They admitted there is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release in late summer 2019.

We have over 4000 radios in our company RM server, with that many radios there are multiple OTAP keys in use. Since we have multiple OTAP keys on the RM server the DP won't work without this new .dll file.

MNIS and DP were setup perfectly and running the latest versions.

JMLW33

You have to make the connection between the PC and control station by Bluetooth better than USB coz of IP conflict and turn on a Wireshark to Monitor the operation.

mark-fwi

You have to make the connection between the PC and control station by Bluetooth better than USB coz of IP conflict and turn on a Wireshark to Monitor the operation.
I am not using a control station. I purchased the wireline data gateway license for each repeater in the system so now I can talk to the repeater via MNIS. No need for control stations for each TG in a capacity plus system when using the wireline data license.

JMLW33

I am not using a control station. I purchased the wireline data gateway license for each repeater in the system so now I can talk to the repeater via MNIS. No need for control stations for each TG in a capacity plus system when using the wireline data license.

That's really good coz of the problems we face using control stations. I tried one day doing OTAP using MNIS and DDMS (PN server) but wasn't successful. So what wireline data is ???

As long as you're using a capacity plus system. I'm trying now to configure a capacity plus in two dispersed sites, one repeater in each. what are the requirements? How many TGs can I do and how many channels in the zone and in the channel pool can I do?
Your help is appreciated

Last edited:

JMLW33

If you mean NAI (Network Application Interface), you have to be connected to the repeater by Ethernet cable and not remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.