Other downloads for Pro96 other than DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xusmarine1979

Hello everybudy. After about 2 years of owning one, I have finally bought the cable for my radio. Are there any other downloads or anything like that besides that DSP update that I can do? Also, is there another program besides Win96 that I can use as well? I'm at work right now and want to play with it but someone else has something on this computer that enables me to use Don's program. Thanks for any responses.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No other upgrades are available via download (or hardware) for the 96.

You could try Pro96com if you have a 9600 baud P25 system such as an Ohio MARCS tower to monitor. This will display the trunked activity for the system control channel, but you will not be able to listen to the audio unless you use a second scanner and another com port with full computer control such as a Uniden BC796D or BCD396T.

http://www.gmans.net/pro96com_page.htm
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pro96com/

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
DaveIN said:
...You could try Pro96com if you have a 9600 baud P25 system such as an Ohio MARCS tower to monitor....
Ohio MARCS is not a Project 25 system, it is a Motorola Omni-Link Smartzone system. Pro96Com will not work on it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
layer9corp said:
I was able to program my new Pro96 with ScanCat Lite.
Although ScanCat Lite will program the 96/2096, it does not do it properly or completely. Stick with Win96 to program the Pro-96/2096.

xusmarine1979

So far I am VERY pleased with Win96. I wish I would have gotten this cable a long time ago. Are there any tricks or anything that I can do with the program? So far I've just put the MilAir and changed the welcome display.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
xusmarine1979 said:
So far I am VERY pleased with Win96. I wish I would have gotten this cable a long time ago. Are there any tricks or anything that I can do with the program? So far I've just put the MilAir and changed the welcome display.
Wince you are a subscriber to the site, downloading frequencies from RR is part of the Win96 package.

xusmarine1979

loumaag said:
Wince you are a subscriber to the site, downloading frequencies from RR is part of the Win96 package.

Oh, cool. Here's another stupid question. I just go to the "downloads" link in the database and just follow directions?

xusmarine1979

Also, before I forget. To recieve MilAir all I have to do is put the freq in Win96 and download it to the radio or or there any settings I have to adjust? And speaking of settings, besides what's on the first screen for the software are there any settings that I can adjust?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
xusmarine1979 said:
Oh, cool. Here's another stupid question. I just go to the "downloads" link in the database and just follow directions?
In Win96:
File > Web Import > RadioReference.com > (choose trunked or conventional)

xusmarine1979

One of the guys here at work was telling me about the CPU upgrade. Do I need to send it in or can I do it on the computer? I think he said the upgrade was 1.4 and I currently have the 1.3. Is this necessary or what will the advantages be with this? Thanks for taking the time to read these questions Ladies and Gents.

xusmarine1979

xusmarine1979 said:
One of the guys here at work was telling me about the CPU upgrade. Do I need to send it in or can I do it on the computer? I think he said the upgrade was 1.4 and I currently have the 1.3. Is this necessary or what will the advantages be with this? Thanks for taking the time to read these questions Ladies and Gents.

Nevermind, I just read about it.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
loumaag said:
Ohio MARCS is not a Project 25 system, it is a Motorola Omni-Link Smartzone system. Pro96Com will not work on it.

I stand corrected, Thanks Lou.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
DaveIN said:
loumaag said:
I stand corrected, Thanks Lou.
No problem Dave, at least you spelled everything correctly...
"Wince", where in the hell did that come from? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.