Other Prince George County Talkgroups???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Looking at the existing talkgroups in the database, there appears to be gaps in several of the talkgroup listings.

I'm just curious if the following talkgroups - which fill in the gaps - MIGHT be valid???

Police Talkgroups
41 John Sector Special Assignment Team
53 Frank Sector Special Assignment Team
267 PGPD MA2
293 Adam Sector (FDMA)
305 John Sector (FDMA)
307 King Sector (FDMA)
309 Frank Sector (FDMA)
311 Charlie Sector (FDMA)

Municipal Police Talkgroups
209 Hyattsville Police Special Assignment Team
215 Greenbelt Police Special Assignment Team
221 Riverdale Park Police Special Assignment Team
229 Municipal Op 1
233 Municipal Op 3
237 Municipal Op 5
239 Municipal Op 6
241 Municipal Op 7

Sheriff Talkgroups
177 Unknown - but existing gap in known talkgroups

Other Talkgroups
249 Maryland State Police - Forestville Tac

I'm not saying they are indeed real - it just seems like they should logically be there...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A few of these are already in the wiki awaiting validation. However if you look you will see a good number of talkgroups are encrypted, so unless we get some word about their usage we will never know what they are really used for. It's quite possible these are being detected but because they're encrypted no one thought to list them

best regards..Mike

ocguard

A few of these are already in the wiki awaiting validation. However if you look you will see a good number of talkgroups are encrypted, so unless we get some word about their usage we will never know what they are really used for. It's quite possible these are being detected but because they're encrypted no one thought to list them

best regards..Mike
In my opinion, even if a talk group is only identified as being encrypted, and the specific use is not identified, it is VERY useful to enter it into the DB as something like "unid-enc" and tagged as encrypted, that way, when using the RR webservice to download talk groups into the scanners, they can be added and locked out, preventing them from coming up during a TG search.

troymail

Silent Key
I know it's an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one for this....

I was in Laurel (PG County) today and was seeing a couple of interesting (to me anyway) things:

- a 228xxxx radio appearing on multiple (fire?) talkgroups just keying up... thought this was odd but I just checked and it looks like this was probably a Calvert County radio. I don't get down that way much but if Calvert fire radios already routinely switch to PG's system, I guess this was only interesting to me... probably just a radio shop testing a radio

- TGID 10101 with some 12011xx radio IDs... encrypted of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.