Other side of my shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
Very nice arrangement of equipment indeed! With all of that hardware, would you also share what the antenna system looks like from a design viewpoint? Do you have individual antennas for each unit or are they combined in some fashion, is/are the antenna(s) outside (with height above ground level) or are they in the attic, what type of feedline is used, what type of antenna(s), etc.? Thanks in advance for the "rest of the story."

mrkelso

OK The white airband antenna on the wall is working great on my 536. The Little Discone (I have 3) on the other 536 is pulling in local and New York stuff. Works Great. The Inflatable Air Antenna is on my V71. All the other radios are running through Stridesberg splitters not shown to 2 D220R discones mounted on the back of an ac unit outside. I am very Happy with the way they perform on interopt and state pd freq's. Coax is from a spool that a friend had. I just used what i needed and sent the rest back to him. I have various moble antennas scattered about in window sill's all around the apartment for my Ham radio's and aprs radio. Considering where i am at sea level the magic still happens and i get almost full signals on everything i listen and talk to.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
OK The white airband antenna on the wall is working great on my 536. The Little Discone (I have 3) on the other 536 is pulling in local and New York stuff. Works Great. The Inflatable Air Antenna is on my V71. All the other radios are running through Stridesberg splitters not shown to 2 D220R discones mounted on the back of an ac unit outside. I am very Happy with the way they perform on interopt and state pd freq's. Coax is from a spool that a friend had. I just used what i needed and sent the rest back to him. I have various moble antennas scattered about in window sill's all around the apartment for my Ham radio's and aprs radio. Considering where i am at sea level the magic still happens and i get almost full signals on everything i listen and talk to.

Nice! Looks like you have it all covered and then some. Very compact, well laid out monitoring station with some of the best scanners available of all time! I'm glad you're satisfied with the Diamond D220R antennas, 3 no less! (y)

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Very nice, indeed. I am liking the rack system and thinking of going that route instead of stacking. They make a shack look very stream-lined and professional. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.