other then UASD for 396T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauka

Uniden Advanced Scanner Director sucks and it doesn't even work with windows 98...
I can't back up my sys configuration on the pc, the button "SAVE" doesn't even appear!?!

What other software can I use to program and most important, to back up my configuration on a PC with windoze 98?

Thanks

wesct

mauka said:
Uniden Advanced Scanner Director sucks and it doesn't even work with windows 98...
I can't back up my sys configuration on the pc, the button "SAVE" doesn't even appear!?!

What other software can I use to program and most important, to back up my configuration on a PC with windoze 98?

Thanks

Butel has a free backup utility that works great. heres the website:

www.butel.nl

You may want to check the wiki also

Just a note: the Butel programming software for the 396 (Arc 396+pro) needs Windows 2000 and lots of ram to run well (512mb) although I am running with 128mb of ram and it does ok.

wesct

Last edited:

RISC777

As far as Butel's ARC, I'm running an old PII 333 and WinXP just because of that one software provider. ~heh~ The PC's kind of slow, but it runs (I've got a boat load of RAM which helps).

wolter

Notice, guys, that he's running Win98. mauka, I think your only option is the Scancat series. I don't know much about them. I don't even know if they can back up. http://www.scancat.com/

MysticalOS

Mauka you should install http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html it's designed for old timers like you. It might help iwth some of your modern software incompatiblities since it modernizes windows 98se as much as humanly possible as listed in it's changes...A little off topic but not really, if it solves your problems with the software's behavior on windows 98 it's a win. If not, it'll at least bring your ancient box one step closer to modern technology (software wise anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.