Otis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
New term I heard today on Creek County's 800 side. What does it stand for? Sounded like some type of wants warrant's check.

car2back

nice......:lol:

"ODIS" it stands for Offender Data Information System... it's the software we use for our CAD, jail booking, warrants, reports, and party information.

there's a ton of other agencies that use it as well and all the servers are networked so we can access other agencies warrant and party information. it still has a lot of bugs, but I like it!

Attachments

• odis.JPG
    odis.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

okccsi

A lot of the eastside county departments use it. At least Harrah, Luther, and Valley Brook do.

OKC CSI

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
2112 said:
After you click the login button, you are prompted for id/password.

I was asking why he didn't supply a username and password. (Sound of low flying plane just missing your forehead)

okccsi

Freqed said:
I was asking why he didn't supply a username and password. (Sound of low flying plane just missing your forehead)

What is sad is how crappy the small departments tend to treat computer security. I actually have 2 login's and passwords that were gained just by hanging out with some friends that work in those small departments. Usernames are actually quite obvious, but they chose really easy passwords and that is stupid. Granted, you would have to get into the department and behind the counter's etc. to use them, but still.

OKC CSI

OCSO213

OKCCSI unless you hold reserve or full time peace officer commision that Im unaware of. I would be tight lipped about that info. Just FYI.

car2back

okccsi said:
What is sad is how crappy the small departments tend to treat computer security.....
OKC CSI

Kind of like how our Sheriff and IT guy were working overtime yesterday to "fix" our network so that the whole thing isn't dependant on a wireless router like it is has been for the last year since the new jail was built? :lol:

Atleast my OLETS password is different from my ODIS password unlike some other dispatchers..... :D

okccsi

OCSO213 said:
OKCCSI unless you hold reserve or full time peace officer commision that Im unaware of. I would be tight lipped about that info. Just FYI.

I could qoute social security numbers from people I haven't seen in years. i can give you my original phone number from when I was 6 y/o. I could give you vin numbers off of vehicles I messed with 6 months ago.

I have a bad habit of it. I see something written, or typed and I remember it. I have to conciously look the other way sometimes.

The thing with the ODIS usernames and passwords is that they require them to change the password every 90 days.

Won't last long for sure.

OKC CSI

okccsi said:
I could qoute social security numbers from people I haven't seen in years. i can give you my original phone number from when I was 6 y/o. I could give you vin numbers off of vehicles I messed with 6 months ago.

I have a bad habit of it. I see something written, or typed and I remember it. I have to conciously look the other way sometimes.

I have that same deal goin'... it's a useful tool, ain't it? :D

okccsi said:
The thing with the ODIS usernames and passwords is that they require them to change the password every 90 days.

That's not true for ODIS, but it is for OLETS.

Freqed said:
Damn, Ok what is OLETS?

OLETS is the "Oklahoma Law Enforcement Telecommunications System". It basically provides access to NCIC, driver's license info, vehicle registration info, and a number of other functions useful to law enforcement.

CommShrek

Ha..

Keeping inline with the original topic, I thought you guys were talking about gun cleaning kits. I have a couple of the OTIS kits and I like them.
www.otisgun.com

car2back

here is a picture of the ODIS radio log in operation:

click here

it's very large (as in dimensions, not file size) so you may have to right click, select "save target as" and download it to see it better.

okla-lawman

When Odis is in full swing it will cover all 77 counties, and over 130 cities. We will be able to look up anything from any agency about anbody. We will be able to pull up booking photos, protective order info, warrants, accidents info and so forth. It has a direst access to the Ok. Tax Comm. ( I love this one I can run your name and it will tell me every car you own). Some agencies are matingit with a Peagasus system.This system adds a fingerprint scanner to the system. One touch warrant. drivers license and NCIC check. Ho more name game..I cant wait. DO a search on ODIS and it will bring up a websitecomplete with demo video. I am still learning daily about ODIS attributes, too bad Arkansas had a tate wide sysstem now working for over 20 years and we have yet to really get one in full runniing order.

car2back

okla-lawman said:
When Odis is in full swing it will cover all 77 counties, and over 130 cities. ......

I just checked and ODIS is showing 101 agencies on the network as of April '05... who knows how many are on there now!

I also love the Oklahoma Tax Commission Search..... especially when the VREG computer goes down and we can't run 10-28s over OLETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.