Ottawa/Allegan - Holland questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitman

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Should I be able to listen to Unified Incident Command, 8TAC, Interops, or are they rarely used? Do they use some type of repeater or something? I'm using SDS200 and 996XT with stock antenna. I think I have everything local Allegan/Ottawa Holland area loaded in my softwares but don't hear much on these. Also have trouble with the Allegan county police secondary. It seems my 996XT can pick this up but my SDS200 with the same Talkgroup in the same room doesn't pick it up. Also whatever happened to AMR and Life EMS? Any tips/tricks for me to consider. Using FreeScan for 996xt and Sentinel for SDS200 programming.

depster00

70UIC01 and 70UIC02 are listed as encrypted channels. Interop channels do not appear to be used often. Unsure what you are referencing with 8TAC. Allegan County secondary is also another unused channel.

AMR is on another radio system. Life has dedicated channels on the MPSCS system in Allegan, and Ottawa County areas.

Allegan/Ottawa often use 13353 for inter-agency communication. Allegan/Ottawa County Common/Statewide Regional Common/Interop Group Calls Live

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Most interop talkgroups (along with those marked "event", "scene", etc.) are seldom used; until, that is, there is an incident requiring their use. It's always a good idea to have them in your scanner in case the fecal material makes violent contact with the air circulator.

As far as "8TAC": If you are referring to the analog national mutual aid/interop frequencies (8CALL90, 8TAC91, 8TAC92, 8TAC93, & 8TAC94); 8CALL90 is monitored by the MSP Regional Dispatch Centers, and there are repeaters for the 8TAC's on various MPSCS towers throughout the state. Since those are nationwide, you never know what you might hear on those. They would also be used as backup in the event that MPSCS were to experience a major outage.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
8TAC is typically used where there is low or no signal with the digital system as this is more or less a radio to radio mode. Quite often I hear Allegan county Fire say they are switching to 8TAC91D for fireground but I have never heard anything on it. In regards to 70UIC01/02 I have never heard police or fire say anything about switching to those channels but who knows, they may be used. The Interops I have never heard. The Ottawa County EMS talkgroups I believe where just filled in with left over TGIDs which appear to never be used either.

west-pac

In my hometown in Indiana, they programmed the 8tac's in the radios as "Direct 1", "Direct 2", etc... they don't call them 8tac/7tac, etc.. You may listen for something of that nature.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
8TAC's were originally setup so if digital went down they could be used as a backup.
Only thing is these are not on repeaters so range to hear them is only ~1 mile.

As mentioned in message #4 they use em for Fireground as does other county fire departments, including my Bay county.
I updated the Allegan database to show that.

FrequencyTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
851.01250RM156.7 PL8CALL90/90D8CALL90 - CallingFMInterop
851.51250RM156.7 PL8TAC91/91D8TAC91 - TacticalFMInterop
852.01250RM156.7 PL8TAC92/92D8TAC92 - TacticalFMInterop
852.51250RM156.7 PL8TAC93/93D8TAC93 - TacticalFMInterop
853.01250RM156.7 PL8TAC94/94D8TAC94 - TacticalFMInterop

Last edited:

whitman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the information guys. Is the AMR talkgroup working for anyone? Any AMR to hospital? I have one issue seen where the Allegan Police say they're going to secondary and then I hear it on my 996XT in some cases, but never the SDS200. They have the same TGIDs programmed. Maybe signal/antenna issue? They're only like 25ft apart in the house. Learn something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.