Ottawa and Renfrew County FleetNet Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Great coverage. More like Ottawa, Renfrew County and also Lanark County. Add in a few more conventional channels and this feed will be top notch coverage of Ottawa and the Ottawa Valley for OPP, Fire, EMS.

I'm impressed by the coverage this setup has.

mmisk

That is a very nice interface.
I can receive a number of towers here in south east Ottawa.

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hey All, sorry didn't get the emails saying there were updates.

How this all works: robotastic/trunk-recorder using SDR sticks, The Renfrew County FleetNet and analog I run from home and Ottawa FleetNet and P25, a friend in Ottawa hosts it for me.

All this feeds into chuot/rdio-scanner

I am feeding into Broadcastify calls right now. The Renfrew County FleetNet part of that will go away soon. The Ottawa parts will remain.

And yes, I am a subscription service, www.policescanner.ca has the details.

This weekend I am testing a new hosting server so you can hit up the free load test at Rdio Scanner No password needed.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Thanks for the explanation. What make/model of SDR sticks are you using and for the Ottawa P25 system, what antenna are you using?

Cheers

Before I was using the silver RTL-SDR sticks but now you can get the orange FlightAware ones off Amazon for $25 so I use those. Ottawa P25 is one of the RTL-SDR sticks I think the guy has it on a 800 MHz Yagi if I recall.

VA3JPX

Before I was using the silver RTL-SDR sticks but now you can get the orange FlightAware ones off Amazon for $25 so I use those. Ottawa P25 is one of the RTL-SDR sticks I think the guy has it on a 800 MHz Yagi if I recall.

Is there a big difference between the orange and the RTL's?
Does the amp improve 866 MHz?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Is there a big difference between the orange and the RTL's?
The only thing i have found is the orange ADSB ones have a 20dB Integrated Amplifier on them.

Does the amp improve 866 MHz?
I don't know that one sorry. My local still stuff is all VHF, and my P25 in Ottawa is running just a silver RTL-SDR so no amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.